atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: hacky SBX 320 +ezPhone - 01/10/14 11:11 AM
I've put in dozens of 320's but this is my first time dealing with ezPhone. I followed the installation guide (under SBX 2.0 in Vconnect) and even watched the ezPhone webinar, also on Vconnect. I followed the instructions to a T, but the best I can get ezPhone to do is display a "Line Initialization Fail!" message box at startup. Same result on two PC's I tried this far. I confirmed the PC's ip addresses are in Station IP List, tried disabling Windows firewall, going through all the steps again, and again. The PC can ping the KSU, the ip set in the TSP. PGM 108 has the IP in "Server IP". I also tried copying it to CLI IP but no dice. The gateway is filled in PGM 108 too, the same default gateway the PC's use. Any wisdom from others who have set this up before I try Vertical Tech support? By the way I am using the demo license entered from the maintenance prompt. It says there are 89 days left.
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX 320 +ezPhone - 01/10/14 03:09 PM
What OS are you using? Is it 64 bit?
Posted By: hacky Re: SBX 320 +ezPhone - 01/10/14 09:04 PM
First attempt was XP 32 bit, 2nd attempt was Windows 7 64-bit. Accordingly I installed the matching TSP driver.
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX 320 +ezPhone - 01/10/14 09:34 PM
I don't think this is a setup error. I think the program doesn't like Win 7-64 bit. A whole lot of communication software will not run on a 64 bit os.

That being said...line initialization could be a modem initialization problem. I used to get errors like that with the old Discovery Link Tapi software.

Also you need the Lg-Nortel Tapi driver installed along with the DAO35Redist.exe program.
Posted By: hacky Re: SBX 320 +ezPhone - 01/11/14 01:10 AM
Lg-Nortel Tapi driver? Didn't I install that when I installed the TSP driver? Or am I missing something
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: SBX 320 +ezPhone - 01/12/14 01:38 AM
Oh Hacky I feel your pain. I had one customer I tried to get working on this and after 3 days gave up. Tech support tried to help but best I could get was 3 out of 7 PC's working. I will never sell that software again. On these little systems it eats up way too much time to try and get it working. Hope you nail it but I still get a bad feeling when I see ezphone. The shame is when it works it is better good for the price just way too many configuration issues
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX 320 +ezPhone - 01/12/14 04:03 AM
Originally Posted by hacky
Lg-Nortel Tapi driver? Didn't I install that when I installed the TSP driver? Or am I missing something

I think you are correct there. The TSP and Lg-nortel driver are the same thing.
Posted By: hacky Re: SBX 320 +ezPhone - 01/22/14 05:51 AM
After a bunch of fiddling I managed to get one PC working (through TeamViewer, not on site). I cannot tell you exactly what I did, because I'm pretty sure I'm using a permutation of settings I tried in the past. Anyhow, I won't mess with success. I just wanted to confirm if in Phone and Modem settings it's supposed to be 9 and 9,1 (digits to get outgoing calls) as the webinar shows, OR is it 9 and 9 as the ezPhone manual says? The manual says do NOT use commas but the webinar clearly says it's VERY important to put 9,1 in the "access outside line for long distance calls"! Which one is correct? The documentation is so inconsistent sometimes, I feel like giving up.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help