atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Telephone Tech2 SBX C.O. "fax tone" breaks in - 05/22/14 07:46 PM
We have 2 SBX customers that use Auto Fax with similar problems. Intermittently they are on a call and suddenly a fax-like tone (I have never heard it) breaks into their conversation. They can no longer hear each other. I jury-rigged a single line telephone ahead of the SBX on a 3-way switch. When the problem occurs the customer switches the C.O. off of the SBX onto the single line - problem gone. Seems to indicate tone coming from within SBX. One system was 3.5 and I upgraded to 4.0Ac - no change. Has Charter lines. New customer with 4.0Af similar problem. ATT pots lines. Both sites use Auto fax. Thx.
Posted By: hacky Re: SBX C.O. "fax tone" breaks in - 05/22/14 09:49 PM
Is the CO that has Fax Xfer assigned using DISA or Ringing Assignment?
Posted By: Telephone Tech2 Re: SBX C.O. "fax tone" breaks in - 05/23/14 12:06 PM
Both systems answer with DISA.
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX C.O. "fax tone" breaks in - 05/23/14 03:27 PM
I suspect you have a conflict with the trunk programmed as a fax line and being answered as an AA disa line. That tone could be a conf/disa trunk to trunk timer warning that the call is about to be dropped. Also something to consider is that the auto fax line in the SBX should not be part of a hunt group or have telco call waiting on the line. When someone is talking on that line the next caller to that number, either fax or person, should get a busy signal.
Posted By: Telephone Tech2 Re: SBX C.O. "fax tone" breaks in - 05/23/14 05:28 PM
Derrick, it looks like you are saying that a fax line on the SBX should be dedicated to faxing? On small systems with 2 or 3 lines most customers want the flexibility to use the fax line when it is not being used for faxing, which is most of the time for a small business. Set me straight, if I set a line as Auto Fax Transfer in System Base, Attribute II then I cannot/should not also have that line answered by the voicemail auto attendant?
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX C.O. "fax tone" breaks in - 05/24/14 01:24 AM
No, you should not. The purpose of the auto fax sense feature is to use an existing stand alone fax line as one of the pool lines for out calling. Inbound it is still primarily for faxing although voice calls will work on it. The problem with having the auto attendant answer is that it picks up on the first ring before the cng tone hits the system and the fax sensor has a chance to work. Also you should never have lines assigned to ring to a station and the AA at the same time and fax sensing requires the fax line to ring the assigned fax extension.
Posted By: Telephone Tech2 Re: SBX C.O. "fax tone" breaks in - 05/27/14 12:07 PM
Thanks for setting us straight guys. Awesome resource here at Sundance!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help