atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel *72 trouble - 10/03/14 12:00 AM
got a bad one. customer has about 9 medical clinics. during the day they seem to preform *72 on their own and go to the exchange. suddenly no calls come in until they dial *73. happens several times a day. at seveal locations. systems are sbx and sts. maybe half are sts. telepacific is the provider and says its the locations problem. we think we wouldnt have people doing the fwd in the middle of the work day at all locations everyday. they know better. and we dont think the ksus would go bad at the same time. i have never had this happen to any customer before. anyway today telepacific locked us out so we cant do a *72 as a test. so far about 6 hrs has gone by and no problem indicating it is on our end. can anyone make sence of this. thanks dave
Posted By: Derrick Re: *72 trouble - 10/03/14 01:59 AM
I can't imagine anyway that these systems would dial a *72 on their own. I can imagine the possibility of tone twisting that might fool the co into thinking that some other digit dialed is a star.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: *72 trouble - 10/03/14 01:32 PM
There is no way that those two systems are doing that. It may be possible for one system to screw up, but not several systems, and surely not a mixture of STS and SBX.

Now, there may be a user problem going on. Is somebody trying to block the outgoing CID and using *72 verses *67? Or, did somebody program a speed dial using *72?

If the carrier has "locked you out of using *72", I assume that they've taken call-forward off the lines. So, you could test all you want, but you're not going to get any effective results. Then again, if they don't need call-forwarding, your problem is solved.
Posted By: Gary S. Re: *72 trouble - 10/03/14 09:05 PM
Would a diggygrabber on a co line track outgoing digits ?

Gary S
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: *72 trouble - 10/04/14 01:31 AM
What area codes are close by? Any 772? or 872? With that being said it is a strange one
Posted By: davetel Re: *72 trouble - 10/04/14 05:25 AM
thanks for all the info. they dont have it on a speed dial and i still can restrict all sets but one from dialing *72 and im thinking of asking if they want me do do a smdr on the ksu. i called them this afternoon and she said no events today either. i want to find out more about tone twisting, maybe i can increase the touchtone volume. the area codes are not simular but maybe an prefix could be. will post any news. thanks dave
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help