atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sonny88 Vertical Summit - first install - 03/13/15 07:28 PM
Hi, I will be installing our first Vertical Summit with the PRI chassis. I haven't turned-on the KSU yet and have installed the PRI module and 2 8-port digital modules.

I'm have tried looking-up but there's no cheat sheat like the SBX in regard to performing initialization before installing any additional modules.

Need help.
Thanks and regards,
sonny
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 03/13/15 08:47 PM
Power it up, pull off the cover, and turn the second dip switch off. Browse to the IP of the KSU and it will walk you though a few setup steps.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 03/14/15 01:13 PM
Initialization – First Power-up

1. Verify the KSU MBU SW1 pole #1 is OFF, and pole #2 is ON. Also verify the AC Power switch is OFF.
2. Plug the AC power cord into the SUMMIT System KSUs and the AC outlet.
3. Turn the AC Power switches on the KSU and EKSU ON.
4. Verify and, if needed, modify, the Nation Code (PGM100) with the DKT or run the Install Wizard.
5. Reset the KSU with either the recessed Reset button or by power cycling (turn the
AC Power switch OFF then ON).
6. After KSU MBU LEDs indicate normal operation, change the position of the KSU MBU SW1 pole#2 to the
OFF position so the database will not initialize during future power cycling or if the system is reset.
7. If the DKT was used to set the Nation code in Step 4, run the Install Wizard then configure the system to
the customer needs.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 03/19/15 05:07 PM
Thanks ncf/Derrick, although I did turn-off pole#2OFF first before I restarted the KSU because it erased the nation code after I restarted the KSU while pole#2 is still ON.

Also, the system keeps kicking me out after only a few minutes. Where can I adjust the timer to make it longer? I also realized that the manual is not of great help.

Thanks again and have a great day!
sonny
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 03/19/15 07:13 PM
System Data=>System Timers=>Web Password Guard Timer
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 03/19/15 09:13 PM
Thanks nfc, that worked after setting at max 999.

Now I am trying to group the PRI line and have it on the flexi-button. Can't seem to rely on the documentation.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 03/19/15 11:00 PM
I think I was able to figure-out the Line grouping and flexi-button for PRI.

Question though, is it advisable to touch the CO Device Sequence Number (104) in cases of a PRI install or should I leave the default alone? Just not sure if it has any impact to CO line grouping if you change the default.

Thanks.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 03/19/15 11:00 PM
You need to be more specific about what you are asking.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 03/20/15 11:47 AM
I wouldn't set that timer for 999. If someone logs in and forgets to log out, then you'll have to reset the system or wait almost 17 hours for the system to kick them out. 15 minutes seems to work for us. If you don't program anything for 15 minutes, you just have to log back in.

While I haven't done a PRI on an eMG80 (Summit), I have changed the CO Device Sequence Number. In your case, I would just leave it alone. Just put your PRI in Group 1, and everything else in another group.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/01/15 08:13 PM
thanks. done setting the timer to 15mins. yes nfcphoneman, I was looking at changing the CO Device Sequence Number. The PRI default assignment is from 9 to 31 and I am thinking to define Line 9 as Line 1 etc... I actually tried it before but I don't think it was successful. thanks.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/13/15 06:17 PM
Can't figure out the DID routing to work. The carrier is sending 3-digits and which is the default of the Summit. DID is 604.xxx.0480 and have tried index range 480 and 0480 but to no avail.

Need assistance.
Thanks again.
sonny
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/13/15 06:45 PM
In 140, are your PRI channels set to CO Type = DID?

In 145, does DID Start Signal = Immediate and DID Conversion Type = Modify Using Flexible DID Conversion Table?

In 231, you should be programming 480.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/13/15 09:18 PM
Thanks nfcphoneman. pgm 140 did the trick. Now how can I ring a CO line specific to a stn? I'm trying pgm144 it won't accept the stn no. Thanks again.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/13/15 10:01 PM
PRI or POTS?
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/13/15 11:28 PM
oh, POTS and I was able to add the stn but i can't take-out stn101 which is the reception. what i did is i made stn101 with delay of 9 and the actual stn delay of 0. is there any other way to do it? thanks.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/13/15 11:47 PM
range the station by itself and leave the delay field blank then save.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/16/15 07:14 PM
Thanks Derrick, that worked. Now we are having problems defining the names under the speed dial over the reception phone. The character map is not working as it was defined. unless we are using the wrong one. is there a way I can program the names via PC programming instead of via the phone? thanks again.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/16/15 08:23 PM
Yep, look under System Data.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/16/15 08:27 PM
Programming Speed Dials via the Phone: https://ournewphone.com/index.php/lg-emg-80-training/60-speed-dial-programming

Programming via the Web Interface: https://ournewphone.com/index.php/lg-emg-80-training/88-speed-dial-programming-via-the-web-portal
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/17/15 09:19 PM
Opted for the Web Interface which is easier than over the phone. Thanks.

Now, our client is looking at taking down their dpu-2000 and uploading the moh file to the Summit. I think this is doable through VSF SG Up&download - am I correct? if yes, not sure on how to configure it as the music on-hold.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!
sonny
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/17/15 11:41 PM
In admin under music you choose VSF moh number which is the same as a greeting number so if you were to choose VSF 1 and you have an auto attendant greeting 1, the callers will hear it on hold. So you have to upload your music to a VSF greeting, say 70, and choose 70 as your MOH source.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/18/15 01:49 PM
You can, but the file has to be in a specific format, and it will utilize one of the voice-mail channels. If you have an existing MOH player, why not stick with it?
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/18/15 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by nfcphoneman
You can, but the file has to be in a specific format, and it will utilize one of the voice-mail channels. If you have an existing MOH player, why not stick with it?

I hadn't thought of that. It has to take a vm port doesn't it? I guess it does it all the time not just when a call is on hold.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/20/15 07:19 PM
Thanks Derrick & nfcphoneman. They are looking at other options as they are paying another company for their dpu-2000 device on a yearly basis.

Another couple of questions:
1. How do you record system greeting via the phone?
2. Does the vm expansion fit the BKSU or it requires an EKSU?

Thanks again.
sonny
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/20/15 07:42 PM
oh, got the answer for item#1 from Vertical's Tech tip. Thanks.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/21/15 01:51 AM
Answer to 2...does not require the EKSU
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/25/15 05:37 AM
Thanks Derrick. Now, trying to figure out the use of the auto-attendant on a PRI DID lines where only stn 101 (reception phone) would ring first for about 4 to 5 rings and then route to VSF 0001 if unanswered.

Need help.

Many thanks.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 04/25/15 12:52 PM
Read the next thread about delayed ring, that should give you some help.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 07/02/15 04:57 PM
2 things now:
1. Caller-id: having problems with the caller-id for both inbound and outbound.
Inbound: email from our client...
- still having issues with call display; more so than not 69} then number, 69itish Columbia Line 1, 69Drive then number?????
Outbound:
- everytime the receptionist calls me it shows the stn name "Reception" as the caller-id name?

I might be missing something on the programming why we are encountering these.

2. How do I activate an option from the CCR that would trigger the external loud speaker?...through the existing external paging speakers. I have programmed all phones to ring when the caller press "9" but not sure how to ring it through the loud speaker.

Thanks much.

Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 07/02/15 08:44 PM
You should populate field 10 pgm 113 with the number you want to show up when making an isdn outbound call.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 09/25/15 11:21 PM
Hello, need help on how does the company directory work via the CCR? First name or last name, then the first 3 letters but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.
Sonny
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 09/25/15 11:50 PM
Another thing, not sure why calls to reception 101 does NOT go to voicemail and just goes back to VSF 1 on both external calls being transferred to stn 101 and through DID?

client has a PRI line.
Thanks.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 09/26/15 01:25 AM
Company Directory plays name as soon as it recognizes enough digits, there is no set number. Names have to typed in under voice mail attributes pgm 127 and the user needs to record name as well by dialing 542.

Preset call fwd has to set for the extension in pgm 120. I suggest you do all this thru pc admin.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 10/06/15 09:56 PM
Thanks Derrick. Both are working now...but recorded name by dialing 563 instead of 542.

Client is asking if possible to show both the number and name on their inbound caller-id.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 11/06/15 05:50 PM
Hi guys, anyone who's experienced the Summit w/PRI lines wherein some incoming calls are not getting through.

Sometimes getting a recorded message that lines are unavailable and sometimes lines are just busy but obviously some of the 10 lines are idle...mostly more than 5 lines are idle.

I've checked with the carrier a couple of times and no monitored downtimes on the PRI circuit.

Also, any advise on how to improve or shorten the delay in dialing-out. It's taking around 8 to 11secs before a ringback tone.

Thanks again for the help and have a great weekend!
Sonny
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 11/06/15 10:46 PM
Tell your customer to add # at the end of an outbound number...it will go thru immediately. Inbound you should check with the carrier and make sure they have the circuits set for most idle or top down terminal hunt and all are in one inbound trunk group.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 11/07/15 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by sonny88
Also, any advise on how to improve or shorten the delay in dialing-out. It's taking around 8 to 11secs before a ringback tone.

In PGM 140, set "Prefix Table ID" to equal "1" for each of the PRI channels.

In PGM 206, you need to configure the Prefix Dialing Table according to the dial-plan used in your area. Lets start with Index 1.

Prefix Code = 1 (This will be used for Long Distance calls)
Table ID = 1 (This is the Prefix Table ID we used for our PRI channels)
Min Digit = 0
Max Digit = 11 (Because long distance will be 11 digits)
Leave the rest of the settings as default.

I'm going to assume that you use 7 digit dialing in your area. So, let's go to Index 2.

Prefix Code = 2 (This will be used for 7 digit calls that start with 2)
Table ID = 1 (PRI Channels are using Table ID 1)
Min Digit = 0
Max Digit = 7 (because we're building this for 7 digit dialing beginning with "2")
The rest of the settings will be default.

Now, complete Index's 3-9 using the same as you did for "2", except you'll change the Prefix code to be 3-9.

Now the system knows that a user is through entering digits after 7 digits, or 11 digits. For instance, if someone dials 222-5555, the call will be sent to the carrier because of the settings in Index 2. The call started with "2", so the system knows a user will only dial 7 digits max.

These same settings will apply to SIP Trunks.

Of course you can also do as Derrick mentioned and have your users dial #.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 11/13/15 08:54 PM
Thanks Derrick and nfcphoneman.

I have advised them to temporarily press # sign to suppress the digits which have cut the delay a bit. Will try ncphoneman's config by nextweek.

By the way, they are still having intermittent problems with their inbound although I've checked with the carrier and they told me that they haven't notice any downtime on the PRI at all.

Is there some kind of diagnostics that we can run with the summit to see or to monitor any downtimes or abnormalities with the PRI?

Thanks again and have a great weekend!
sonny
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 11/14/15 11:31 AM
I suggest you check with the carrier as to how they have the pri hunting set up...sounds to me like all 10 circuits are not in one group. Also, I had a situation once where my system was using a frac pri..16 circuits but the telco set the pri for 23...that doesn't work very well.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 12/15/15 09:08 PM
HI Derrick, I was able to verify that all the 10 PRI-channels are in one group and I able to clarify with the carrier that they only have 10-channel PRI.

Now, we've captured trace data to be sent to Vertical for review.

Thanks again.
Sonny
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 12/17/15 02:24 AM
The XTS pri combo card, when it first hit the market, used to have this kind of problem, recordings saying circuit busy, phone company problems, etc. It was caused by the combo card throwing timing errors. Later versions of the same card worked fine unless timing came from the system as opposed to the provider network.

LED 3 on the MBUID board in the Summit should be on (green) which indicates the built in PLLU is getting timing from the network, off indicates timing from internal clock and if off you could get errors and slips.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 01/04/16 09:15 PM
Changed config on line 3 to 10 from DID Mask to Flex DID Conversion and immediately solved the "invalid digit" RVA. Will do further observation and will also check the lights once back on-site. Thanks again and regards,
Sonny
Posted By: Gregoriusmax64 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 01/14/16 10:22 PM
I am totally new to internal PBX systems, my experience has been in Bellsouth C.O.'s for almost 15 years, so it's a totally different world with programming. I am working on the installation of a Summit 800, and I can get as far as getting the IP address in, but after that, the manual is as clear as mud. ( Why do they write all this information that is completely useless to a newbie?) I need: STEP BY STEP instructions on setting up CO lines, Voicemail, Flex button assignments, etc. DETAILED! Not Vertical's style of beating around the bush, irrelevant information! Any help on this? Thanks!
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 01/15/16 12:05 AM
Well...we're not going to be able to give you step-by-step instructions to set up a whole system. Have you gone through one of Vertical's training webinars?
Posted By: Gregoriusmax64 Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 01/15/16 02:00 PM
Yes I have, and I understand how many CO lines it supports, and all the SALES aspects of the features it has, but when actually setting up a system....? For example, I was trying to get 5 different CO lines assigned to different stations ( I finally got it after trial and error), but should I take 2 hours studying a near-irrelevant installation guide? It should have taken 10 to 15 minutes.... THIS is what Vertical needs....someone who can WRITE relevant information for us to use in the field.
Posted By: Jessi Zehnder Re: Vertical Summit - first install - 06/15/16 11:12 PM
I've installed a few of Summit 80 PRI systems and I have always changed the CO Device Order so that the PRI channels are 1-23 and have not had any issues.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help