atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tekamba Outbound Caller ID - 03/17/16 06:31 PM
System is a Vertical Summit. We would like all out-bound calls to show a single Caller ID.

Where in the system (PGM number hopefully) is this declared?

Greg
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Outbound Caller ID - 03/18/16 12:24 AM
What kind of lines are you using on this system? If they are POTS lines, you can't do anything to change the outgoing information unless the service provider is willing to manipulate this for you. Most will not do this.

If you have a PRI, then yes, you can dictate what is being sent as the outgoing number, but it must be a legitimate number that is associated with the PRI account (that's a legal thing now for obvious reasons).
Posted By: Derrick Re: Outbound Caller ID - 03/18/16 01:13 AM
I suspect you have POTS lines and you want the telco to Spoof the number for you...have the main number show on all outbound calls. This as Ed said has nothing to do with the Summit itself.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Outbound Caller ID - 03/18/16 01:46 AM
Or ANY system using POTS lines for that matter. It's not just limited to the Summit. This is the second most-frequently asked question that I hear from customers.
Posted By: Tekamba Re: Outbound Caller ID - 03/18/16 03:39 PM
Yes, they are using POTS lines. They have a good internet connection into the building, but due to the fact that one of the doctors family member put it all together (between multiple offices) the 200 connection they are supposed to have I can't seem to get to test over 20 (and more often than not it is closer to 10). Haven't been granted full access yet to really dig into it, but there are switches and access points dropped all around the office (and I mean DROPPED, like sitting in a corner on the floor). Quite a mess, but I'm hopeful they will see the benefits of the work I have done already and allow me to continue making things "right".
Of course that makes sense. I have been so head down into learning all I can about SIP that I forgot the basics of POTS and spoofing a caller ID obviously has to happen at the telco level.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Outbound Caller ID - 03/18/16 04:19 PM
Telco may be able to convert those lines to a terminal hunt group, which would display the same number outgoing.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help