atcomsystems.ca/forum
A client of mine with this phone system (installed by another company who was fired from this company) is trying to change the auto-attendant message.

I found the instructions, but one line states:

Dial the sequence number of the voice storage unit...

Nowhere else in the manual can I find a reference to what value this is wanting. Anyone who can either tell me what it is, or where (what PGM option maybe?) to find the right value to enter here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, this forum has been a godsend in dealing with this system.

Greg
From the operator phone press trans/pgm dial 06

To record a new greeting:
In response to the system prompt, enter the System announcement number (001-072).
When prompted enter the Language type (1-6). (1)
The system prompts “to record a new greeting, press pound” followed by any existing recording for the announcement and Language.
Press ‘#’ and after the beep tone, start recording the new announcement.
Press ‘#’ to complete and store the new recording.
Thank you, I will give that a shot today!
Posted By: Tekamba Changing AA message on Vertical Summit - 04/25/16 05:00 PM
We are attempting to change the auto attendant message on a Vertical Summit system. We go to the phone, press TRANS/PGM, dial [0] then [6], select Announcement number [001] then it prompts for Press Rec Type, no matter what button is pressed here it gives a quick busy tone (easiest way to describe the tone) and we can't do anything.

Where in the system (PGM #?) can we see what Announcement numbers have been recorded?

What are we missing as far as the sequence to change the message?

Greg
Posted By: Tekamba Re: Changing AA message on Vertical Summit - 04/25/16 05:26 PM
The display states VSF Busy... do we have to make sure no active calls are taking place possibly?
Just realized I should have added to this original post.

We go to the phone, press TRANS/PGM, dial [0] then [6], select Announcement number [001] then it prompts for Press Rec Type, no matter what button is pressed here it gives a quick busy tone (easiest way to describe the tone) and we can't do anything. The display states VSF Busy... do we have to make sure no active calls are taking place possibly?

Where in the system (PGM #?) can we see what Announcement numbers have been recorded? (as far as I can tell it is message 1) In the voice mail setting values I found a file names 1_1.wav (and no other files) so everything seems to point to it being message #1.

What are we missing as far as the sequence to change the message?

This is a pretty frustrating phone system. Even when you have the directions it doesn't seem like the system matches what the directions state.
Yes, you have to wait until the VSF is not taking any active calls.

You can see which files have been recorded by going to Maintenance-->VSF System Greeting-->Individual Download.

You don't have to worry about the sequence number for what you're trying to do.

Here's the cheat sheet we give our customers: ournewphone.com/index.php/lg-emg-80-training/82-ipecs-emg-80-auto-attendant-greeting-recording
Answered in your other post.
OK, we attempted this before turning off the calling service so we know that there were no incoming calls into the system. It still does the same thing and states that the VSF is busy.

Any other suggestions I'd love to hear!!!!!

I've about had it with this phone system. As I stated in my last post, even when you have the directions the phone system doesn't seem to follow them!
You could try rebooting the system and then trying to record the greeting.

Perhaps you have the VSF providing MOH, or something else?

I realize your frustrated, which is probably why you're bashing the system. IMO, this is one of the best systems I've ever worked on. (We actually work on the E-LG version, but it's the same product.) Have you called tech-support?
I apologize for bashing on the system. I actually think it was not installed properly and that is more of the issue. I've finally tracked down another local provider who supports Vertical. They have assisted me in getting the system connected to the network (that wasn't even done) and they are going to go through the configuration for us.

Today's issue was the fact that the system is now picking up a phone call, it's silent for a moment, then disco's. So today all calls have been routed through their after hours provider until we can get the system working.

This new guy suggested that possibly all setup updates did not occur, so our fingers are crossed that he will be able to make the system work as expected.

Thanks for all your guidance and suggestions.
I suspect that the AA greeting has been erased or to be more precise...re-recorded with 2 seconds of silence.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help