atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel sbx wont break dialtone - 05/13/16 05:23 AM
i put in an sbx 308 with 5 extensions about a year and half ago. they called saying it wont break dialtone at times. i defaulted it but that didnt help. i used nation specific and raised dtmf to acoub about six points. that helped but it still happens about every 30 calls. they get dial tone but from time to time you can dial digit after diget and still have dialtone. seems to happen on all lines and sets. service is now frontier but was verizon. i seemed to be able to break dial every time with my buttset in front of the ksu. any thoughts on this problem. thanks dave
Posted By: EV607797 Re: sbx wont break dialtone - 05/13/16 02:15 PM
I encountered something similar one time about a year ago. In this case, we lost one column of digits on all phones (2,5,8 and 0). A reboot fixed this one, but I have no idea what caused it.
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx wont break dialtone - 05/13/16 02:16 PM
If it worked fine with Verizon but now it doesn't with Frontier that is your solution. Frontier has some very interesting problems. Frontier suffers from a problem called tone twisting...it doesn't recognize the digit as what it is supposed to be so it ignores it. You can test for this problem...does redial or speed dial work as opposed to direct dial? Is it possible that this problem is not on all lines? You could try setting the line type to pol reversal instead of loop start. You can also set the lines to pbx and let the SBX provide the dialtone instead of the telco, then see what happens.
Posted By: davetel Re: sbx wont break dialtone - 05/14/16 08:17 AM
thank you for all the ideas. going out as soon as i talk to them and i want to try some of these things.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help