atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel sbx mailbox wont open - 10/22/16 08:07 PM
i have a customer with an sbx. they cant open the only mailbox they use. when they hit call back no audio and a string of numbers and digits show on the screen. also the auto attendant isnt picking up. when they dial prog 06 they do get the correct display to record a greeting. is there a code they can try to open the mailbox. thanks. dave
Posted By: adteldon Re: sbx mailbox wont open - 10/25/16 02:28 PM
They can try a system reset, but if that doesn't work then VM initialization is the next step. It's been a while since this has happened to me, but it seems like the system prompts had to also be reloaded.
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx mailbox wont open - 10/25/16 02:31 PM
The vm is flashed based, a warm reset should take care of it. If not you may need to power cycle the system.

There is a maintenance code which flushes the voice mail without effecting the rest of the system. It requires a passcode so if you need it after resetting the system let me know and I will PM it to you. Better yet I will go ahead a send it to you.
Posted By: davetel Re: sbx mailbox wont open - 10/26/16 06:17 AM
when i got there the voicemail was working but none of the audio worked. i put in a card i brought with me and it worked and then put the customer card back in and it worked. everyone is happy. thank you for this information.
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx mailbox wont open - 10/27/16 04:08 AM
could have come unseated from the slot.
Posted By: adteldon Re: sbx mailbox wont open - 07/19/17 03:31 PM
I realize this is an older post, but I am starting to wonder if Vertical had a bad batch of voice mail cards during this time period. I had 3 installs in October of 2016 and 2 of the 3 experienced similar issues. Both of them would work fine for a few days or few weeks, but would then lose the ability to change main greetings and all of the messages left were dead air (I left messages on site and there was nothing but dead air when checking them). The main greetings and mailbox greetings worked and just the messages would be blank. We also had issues re-recording main greetings when this would occur. Tech support had me do several things. 1st was a simple reset which would clear the issue moving forward, but not bring back any of the older messages. It lasted anywhere from a day to a few weeks and the issue would return. The 2nd thing they had me try was the "vc a" to initialize the voice mail, which I did, re-recorded all greetings, and tested okay for a few days or weeks, but the issue still came back. The third thing they had me do was re-initialize the systems and program from scratch to make sure my database wasn't corrupt. I did this, and it worked for a few days/ weeks for each system, but it came back again. The customer was obviously getting a little upset at this point, so I decided to replace the vm card at one of the sites. Three months later and they are still working with no issues. The second site (which I have not replaced as of yet) called today to say it is still happening, so I will go out and replace theirs next week. What is frustrating to me is that I have spent countless hours with both of these sites jumping through Vertical's hoops when there is obviously something wrong with the cards according to others who have had similar instances. They should have simply given advanced replacements in the beginning. I am going to see if they will honor that or if they make me send these off for repair. Just curious as to how many others are having this same or similar problems.I have probably 60+ of these systems out there and the only ones doing this exact same thing are 2 of the 3 that I installed last October. I had one that lost all audio a couple of years ago and they had me reload the system prompts and that worked, but this is a different issue.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help