atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Scotty Woods Mobile Client Ports - 11/08/16 05:11 PM
I have installed a Summit 80 system at a location with only 1 static IP. The customer wants to use the mobile client. The problem is, his router only allows 15 ports to be forwarded and they are already using several for their security, cameras and some other equipment. I have the list of ports, but I want to know exactly which ports have to be forwarded to allow the mobile client to work? I would also like to be able to do remote programming. What ports are used for that? I know these are going to be basic questions for you guys, but we are just now starting to push the mobile clients to our customers.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Mobile Client Ports - 11/08/16 09:59 PM
!5 ports is not enough for voip/sip. You would be better off to hang the Summit on its own ip in front of their router/firewall.
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: Mobile Client Ports - 11/09/16 02:09 PM
I would love to, that is how I did the last one, but they only have 1 static IP.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Mobile Client Ports - 11/09/16 09:24 PM
You need a second ip or you can put the Summit in the router dmz, and any request for a port that is not forwarded, in other words an unsolicited request from the internet, will be forwarded to the summit lan ip. AT that point the Summits wan security will take over.
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: Mobile Client Ports - 11/09/16 10:04 PM
Awesome! Thanks Derrick!
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: Mobile Client Ports - 11/14/16 08:53 PM
I got it to work by forwarding the range of ports needed. (I didn't realize that they were in order) I only had to forward 5 ranges and it works like a charm!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help