atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguy10 SBX Paging question - 01/17/17 08:00 PM
Have an SBX with a Bogen C20 and also an old AT&T Page Pac 20 on it. The paging is starting to go and the customer wants to replace. Not sure why the Page Pac 20 is even there. Looked at the Bogen its wired for 70 volts. Does anyone know if I need the PagePac of can I just replace the old Bogen with a new version, either 15 or 35 Watts. We do not do a lot of paging, hence the dumb question. Thanks
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX Paging question - 01/17/17 09:02 PM
I suspect the pagepac 20 is acting as the port adapter/impedance matcher for the page port on the SBX. I would consider replacing the page pac 20 and the Bogen Amp with a Viking Electronics PA-30. It is adaptable to 8 ohm and 70 volt speakers with a page port adapter built in. Price is somewhere around 200 bucks I think.

PA-30

Posted By: phoneguy10 Re: SBX Paging question - 01/18/17 11:06 AM
Thanks.
As some additional info, the Page Pac 20 was on the NEC that we replaced several years ago and probably on a Merlin or Partner before, so it was in place already. The Page Pac is wired to the MDF as well. We usually use self powered speakers with a 24 volt ps on the SBX this is a bit of a twist. Thanks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help