atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PMOC Summit Remote VM Access - 01/30/17 10:23 PM
Hey all,

Trying to get remote VM access working on a Summit and having some difficulty. I have enabled Remote VM Access under PGM 160 option 65 as well as option 91 for Remote VM Forward Access. When I get to a mailbox and press # I am prompted for a password. However when I enter that users mailbox password I get disconnected from the system.

Am I missing an option somewhere? Is the remote access password different from the normal mailbox password?

Thanks for any help.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit Remote VM Access - 01/30/17 11:10 PM
Try combining the extension number and the password. In other words, if x100 password is 1234, input 1001234 when prompted.
Posted By: PMOC Re: Summit Remote VM Access - 01/30/17 11:23 PM
Well that worked. I probably should have known to try that sooner. What's weird is I changed VM Password check in PGM 127 to password only. Guess you still need the extension when calling in remotely?

Oh well, just happy that it works. Thank you.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Summit Remote VM Access - 02/03/17 04:30 PM
I recently had something similar with a Summit 800 installation. If you set a station for no password, then users can get right in. If it is set for password only or station + password, the system still asks for the station number + password, inside or outside.

The solution we used was to go with no password since this customer uses the same password for everyone anyway.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help