atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tylan SBX Static Or Grind On Incoming Calls - 10/27/17 06:06 PM
Customer is complaining of a static sound or grinding sound when answering an incoming call. They said it lasts for just a few seconds, and the caller does not hear it. They say it does it on 80-90% of incoming calls. They just recently switched providers. They were using Atlantic Broadband with a modem that provides copper pairs to the SBX. The new provider has given them a similar converter. I'm not sure of the provider other than it's a local guy reselling - probably something like Nextiva with some kind of SIP gateway device that gives copper pairs to the SBX. The reseller / provider tested it and said it doesn't make the sound using a butt sett.

I see two threads without resolution that look similar. Wasn't sure if would be good etiquette to resurrect such old threads.

SBX has squeal on incoming calls

https://sundance-communications.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/214883

garbage when answering calls
https://sundance-communications.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/537306

Any suggestions?
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX Static Or Grind On Incoming Calls - 10/30/17 10:09 AM
There was a time when the caller id data would squeal when the call was answered. I would adjust the Co ring-on timer delay so the customer can not hear the ring and answer during the caller id delivery cycle. The connection is still copper so the CID is provided the same way whether the transport is sip or not.
Posted By: tylan Re: SBX Static Or Grind On Incoming Calls - 10/30/17 02:00 PM
Interesting. I was thinking something in gain settings. I'll have to give that a try. Would simply letting the phone ring and extra ring solve the problem? I mean for testing purposes.
Posted By: Ted Re: SBX Static Or Grind On Incoming Calls - 10/31/17 12:34 AM
Derrick was right, on my problem. I set the delay to .4 and it solved the problem. My butt set told me it was taking a long time for the caller id to come through. It may have been the provider. They were using some kind of sip interface as I recall.
tk
Posted By: tylan Re: SBX Static Or Grind On Incoming Calls - 11/01/17 01:31 PM
Delay on the CO Ringing? PGM 144 I believe. That's the only area I can picture. I didn't know those fields would take a value less than one. Is that correct?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: SBX Static Or Grind On Incoming Calls - 11/01/17 11:32 PM
This system counts ring delay by actual ring cycles, not seconds using PGM 144. An entry of 1 should be a sufficient delay.
Posted By: Ted Re: SBX Static Or Grind On Incoming Calls - 11/05/17 07:10 PM
Sorry, lost my memory for a moment. Got systems mixed up. I do remember extending the ring delay, probably to 2. It did fix my problem.
tk
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help