atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Cactus Communications MBX MUSIC ON HOLD - 01/13/18 12:44 AM
I have an MBX system in use with existing External MOH source problem is the source via RCA cable has alot of static even though it is an actual message on hold device, is there a way to utilize the USB ports on the Main MBX 100 board or even the VMIB to have a clean source for on hold callers ?? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: rotarydialtommy Re: MBX MUSIC ON HOLD - 01/13/18 06:57 AM
Try putting a high z to low z matching transformer between the rca cable and the MBX . It should help the sound quality .Let us know.
Posted By: rotarydialtommy Re: MBX MUSIC ON HOLD - 01/13/18 07:18 AM
The MBX moh input is being over driven if the transformer does not work try putting a resistor in series with the hot lead of the rca plug . Start with 1000 ohms first and work your way up .
Posted By: hbiss Re: MBX MUSIC ON HOLD - 01/13/18 04:26 PM
... has a lot of static

I just love questions like this. What do you consider "static"? Do you know the difference between static and distortion? The reason for asking is that if it is indeed static it would indicate a problem with the player or the input on the system. If it is distortion it could be, as RDTommy points out, that the level from the player is too high, though I question that as players are designed to work with MOH inputs. Most players have a level control. Have you tried turning that down? There may also be a 8 ohm/600 ohm switch on the player. Have you tried moving that to the other position?

I don't agree with what RDTommy advises about a 1k resistor. Probably won't do much if anything. If you want to try it, try a 10k with and another 10k to ground at the system side.

-Hal
Posted By: rotarydialtommy Re: MBX MUSIC ON HOLD - 01/13/18 06:21 PM
Hal I know you are right I just used 1000 ohm as a starting point . The final solution will most likely be as you posted .
Posted By: rotarydialtommy Re: MBX MUSIC ON HOLD - 01/13/18 06:23 PM
Hal I know you are right I just used 1000 ohm as a starting point . The final solution will most likely be as you posted .
Posted By: hbiss Re: MBX MUSIC ON HOLD - 01/13/18 07:04 PM
If it's distortion.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help