atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel summit software upgrade - 03/10/18 04:45 AM
my summit 80 is a 1.0 software and i want to upgrade to the new one. i went to ftp and downloaded it. i put it on a flash drive and put the drive in the ksu. when i went to do the code to install it, the display said 0 files. i tried it several times. any ideas. thanks. dave
Posted By: Derrick Re: summit software upgrade - 03/11/18 02:19 AM
Did you get all the required license files from Tech Support before you started the upgrade process?
Posted By: davetel Re: summit software upgrade - 03/11/18 06:04 AM
no i didnt know i needed a license. how much is the license.
Posted By: Derrick Re: summit software upgrade - 03/11/18 12:31 PM
Depends on the features but usually it is nothing. The upgrade package that I used back when I still did this kind of thing had a PDF file in it explaining all this stuff, it wasn't in the file you downloaded?
Posted By: davetel Re: summit software upgrade - 03/13/18 05:38 AM
i didnt see anything
Posted By: Jessi Zehnder Re: summit software upgrade - 03/30/18 11:25 PM
To upgrade from 1.0 you first have to load the GS86M20AD_kernel.rom and G86M20Ai-App.rom files. Kernel first, ROM second.
You then have to login to the Remote maintenance terminal via RS232 or TCP/IP and at the maint prompt enter the command "q t chtype". You should get am "eMG80 ISFileBasedLicenseInstalled=Yes" response. If not you would have to contact Vertical or a distributor to get the Summit 2.0 base license file.
Then you have to upload the new rom files. They have a different name format. The original release 2.0 files were S-eMG80MPB-Rls1502-1.0.4-ker.rom and S-eMG80MPG-tmp1503-1.1.9-app.rom.

Once the 2.0 files are installed you should be able to upgrade to the current version.
All the software and the "TT Summit Upgrade P1 to P2 Software.pdf" file are available on the Vertical FTP stie. The software is in the software section and the PDF is in the TECH DOCS section.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help