atcomsystems.ca/forum
I'm just learning the programming of the Summit platform, and trying to get most features programmed before delivery and deployment of a system.

A couple of stations must have restricted CO line access, where the user enters a code to access any CO line, with Unrestricted intercom access.

I can't seem to find any hints in the programming, not sure where to begin.

Any guidance appreciated.

It is very similar to the SBX programming. I've found the easiest method to implement toll restriction is to simply program one of the upper half of the system speed bins with just a pause as the entry. Say that you used speed bin 2020 for this purpose. The user must press SPEED + 2020, which will give them unrestricted dial tone. The nice thing about this is that the customer can always change this speed bin if the word gets out.

You'll have to program the station's class of service in PGM 224 to prohibit dialing whatever digits you want. Since most people are just looking to block toll calls, I set these stations as COS 3, with 911 allowed and 1 restricted. You can also allow 1800, 1888, 1877, etc. if they want to allow them to dial toll-free numbers.

If you want them totally blocked from dialing out without the code, just put your 'deny' entry as 'don't care', so that it will block everything. Remember to still allow 911. I believe that if you program 911 in PGM 226 for allowed codes, this will override toll restriction.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help