atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dave Me Summit changing Station Ring tone - 08/04/18 04:44 PM
I want to change the ring tone from station to station. I'm really would like to find out how to do this from the administration page but I cannot find it. It seems like you can go to every station and push trans/pgm 1 (ring/newkeyset),1(sta ring type) and pick your tone. Is there a way to do this in station programming in the web app, instead of walking around to every phone? Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit changing Station Ring tone - 08/04/18 07:20 PM
I don't believe you can do it from Maint or Admin, but you can do it via the "User" web interface. Of course, you'll need to know each user's password.

Go to the web portal and input the station number and station password. In the top right-hand corner, click the *** and select "Classic Portal" (may say "Station Web (Old)" depending on the software version). Select "Station Attributes". You'll then find "Station Ring Type" and "CO Ring Type".
Posted By: simpsoncomm Re: Summit changing Station Ring tone - 09/05/18 01:18 PM
Where do I go for the user web interface, I've never used this function would be nice to start.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit changing Station Ring tone - 09/05/18 06:01 PM
The IP Address of the phone system.
Posted By: simpsoncomm Re: Summit changing Station Ring tone - 09/05/18 07:54 PM
I know how to get to the regular programming through the IP address with the admin and maintenance tab, where do I go from there to log in to individual stations. Nvm I understand now, just type that in to the field where you would usually type in the system name and password. Thanks.
Posted By: Dave Me Re: Summit changing Station Ring tone - 09/10/18 01:10 AM
On ip phones, type in the address of the phone. Digital phones don't have a web interface.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit changing Station Ring tone - 09/10/18 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Me
On ip phones, type in the address of the phone. Digital phones don't have a web interface.

We were talking about the Station/User Web Interface on the KSU. Not the administration screen for configuring the IP phones.
Posted By: Dave Me Re: Summit changing Station Ring tone - 09/11/18 01:30 AM
Hmm, didn't know you could do that. Now I'm worried that some one could "hack" individual stations with the default password if the port forwarding was in place. Can this portal access be disabled? I suppose shouldn't port forward port 80 to the phone system, but it's kind of convienient. Sorry for the misinformation in my previous post.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit changing Station Ring tone - 09/11/18 06:42 PM
Dave,

Yes, unfortunately, someone can hack in using default passwords. I had that happen once. ;(

Under "System Data" --> "Station Web Authorization" you can change the call-forwarding (or any other setting) to N/A so that the user cannot change that particular setting. Just make sure that the Stations are programmed for Level 2 or Level 3.

You can also change the "Web Admin Login Failure count to block" under system attributes. This will slow a hacker down.

If you're going to forward port 80 from the outside, which is always desirable, then the best practice is to utilize the built-in "Access Control List" (System Data) to block everything but your office IP and the internal LAN, and whatever else you may need (SMTP, NTP, etc). Just a warning, if you don't allow the local LAN access, you won't be able to get back into programming.
Posted By: simpsoncomm Re: Summit changing Station Ring tone - 09/13/18 12:30 PM
Couldn't you change the port from 80 to a different port in the system attributes web server port its pgm 160-161 button 28
Posted By: Dave Me Re: Summit changing Station Ring tone - 09/15/18 01:31 AM
Then you would have to port forward port 81 ,or whatever you change it to, to the summit and you would be in the same predicament. You wouldn't ever need to change the port, unless there is some other kind of server at that site that is using port 80(like a camera server) then also you would have to use that port when programming locally.... ie 10.10.10.2:81

Posted By: simpsoncomm Re: Summit changing Station Ring tone - 09/17/18 01:16 PM
Yeah, I just figured it would be harder to break into with a different port besides 80
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help