atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: barnito eMG80 Background music over PA - 09/25/18 09:08 PM
Can the eMG80 take a music input and play it just over the PA output (not over phones) and have the music be broken by the page when used? If not, what would be the best option to get this to work?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: eMG80 Background music over PA - 09/25/18 09:22 PM
I don't believe the eMG80 can do that. It's normally done via the commercial amplifier or a paging controller. Search through the Bogen website and you should see different alternatives.
Posted By: Derrick Re: eMG80 Background music over PA - 09/25/18 10:46 PM
According to the Summit F&O guide, there is an external music port which can be used for MOH or just background music, both internal and or external. It will idle out during any page announcement and begin to play again one second after the page ends. The music thru an external page port can be toggled by the attendant using admin code 074 or 075 plus the code for the music source which would be 02. You would need a paging amp for this to work of course.

I read this in the Summit 80, 800 F&O manual page 346.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: eMG80 Background music over PA - 09/26/18 12:36 PM
Yep, you're right. I've learned something new.
Posted By: Derrick Re: eMG80 Background music over PA - 09/26/18 03:36 PM
Turns out the latest Emg/Summit system is pretty versatile. I didn't get to work with it long but I sure liked it.
Posted By: Eric Young Re: eMG80 Background music over PA - 09/28/18 03:22 PM
I just got done using that feature to troubleshoot a paging amp problem and to set speaker volume levels. The default elevator music is great for not offending anyone.
Posted By: barnito Re: eMG80 Background music over PA - 10/08/18 08:58 PM
I miss NEC..... frown
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help