atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tylan Door Phone Box 3560-08 Outdoor Use? - 10/17/18 02:42 PM
Can anyone tell me if the door phone box with call button (3560-08) is rated for outdoor use? There isn't much documentation that I can find. Logically a door box would go on the outside of the building, but not sure if this thing can handle snow or moisture in the air - - even if under an overhang. Maybe they expect it to be in a vestibule / lobby. I've installed one for a customer before, and I don't remember them having issues. Pretty sure theirs was outside.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Door Phone Box 3560-08 Outdoor Use? - 10/17/18 07:30 PM
We've had one by our front door for years, without issue. The area is covered and the unit does not get wet. I'm in Florida, so I don't know anything about snow, but moisture in the air has not been an issue.
Posted By: tylan Re: Door Phone Box 3560-08 Outdoor Use? - 10/18/18 01:14 PM
Good to know. I'm sure it's fine to use outside. I was thinking it's probably the same quality as any doorbell you would put on your house. I'm just used to having the choice of the Viking Electronics door boxes that offer Enhanced Weather Protection.... But $300 vs $60 is a big difference. I probably wouldn't mount the Vertical one on something like a gate or a pedestal, but it hopefully will be fine next to a door with a small roof over it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help