atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chazrc Change all passcodes on Interchange - 12/03/18 09:42 PM
Is there a way to mass change all passcodes on a Interchange with 650 users. They are getting hacked, and it would be nice to change all of them at once.

Thanks

Chaz
You could do it but it would be a huge pain. You could change the default passwords to something other than "password is the same as mailbox number" under default configurations. Save all the greetings and messages. delete all mailboxes and rebuild them using the mass create. Restore the greetings and messages to the VM folder. It should work but if you have a spare system I would try it on that first before I'd hose up 650 users. Might be better to just bite the bullet and step through each box and hand jam a new password in. YMMV.

Dave
Posted By: chazrc Re: Change all passcodes on Interchange - 12/04/18 08:27 PM
Thanks Dave. I have asked the Admins to do it, but I think they are dragging their feet until we do it.

Chaz
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Change all passcodes on Interchange - 12/20/18 11:55 PM
Dave is right to be careful. Sometimes trying to do it the easy way can come back to haunt you. But het 650 users and still working. Loved that Interchnage
I'm with Jim. Interchange was the best voice mail I ever came across.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Change all passcodes on Interchange - 12/31/18 10:39 PM
Great minds think alike. Happy New Year
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help