atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Eric Young re-initialize Digital talkpath - 10/22/19 03:11 PM
HI, I need to re-initialize/restore a digital talkpath 1.2 8-port, it had power bump and pretty sure corrupted hard drive. Kind of strange dialing 440 still goes direct to mail boxes but any calls direct to vm ports 140-147 answer silence and get dropped so no way to use auto attendant and can't even get to admin mailbox to re-record aa greetings. I can connect with ecom but can't remember what to do next and the only docs on ftp server are for the dispatch analog version. In the dispatch manual under the initialize procedure it says to call tech support and they don't support it anymore.
I'm hoping to be able to tell them its time to upgrade but if anyone remembers the procedure it could be any easy fix.

thanks for the time.
Posted By: Daniel Re: re-initialize Digital talkpath - 10/22/19 06:43 PM
Is there a difference in programming between the digital and analog versions? I would assume the only difference would be how you have to attach to the system.
Posted By: Eric Young Re: re-initialize Digital talkpath - 10/22/19 07:42 PM
They seem to be similar for sure except the digit strings and tones for analog. either way the manual says to call tech support. I installed a new hard drive in it 2 decades ago and I remember them emailing me a file to upload. There are 4 upgrade files listed on the ftp server, not sure which to use...
Posted By: MnDave Re: re-initialize Digital talkpath - 10/23/19 05:27 PM
Connect the RS232 cable, park the system and at the dos command line prompt "Hello", type "reinit"
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help