atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel sbx dropping calls - 03/13/20 05:18 PM
my customer complained about calls dropping. they told me when they reset the system it works for a couple days and then starts dropping again. im thinking its the ksu. does it sound like data base trouble i can clear up with default or a bad component in the system. they are a long drive and i havnt been there yet. thanks. dave.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: sbx dropping calls - 03/15/20 03:31 AM
Are the phones remaining lit up when the calls drop? I have seen the power supplies in the SBX cabinets go bad, but they usually affect all other functions of the system, not just the line. Fortunately, the power supplies are easy to replace in the field, but you really can't buy them. You just have to take one out of another KSU and then send it out for repair as a unit. I doubt if this is a database issue.
Posted By: davetel Re: sbx dropping calls - 03/15/20 07:12 AM
i will have to ask them. i have often had power supplies go weak in sts systems. i wonder if they can be repaired. never thought about that.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: sbx dropping calls - 03/16/20 05:28 AM
Sotel, Vertical's factory service provider, requires that a complete KSU be sent in for repair. What we often do (and it is perfectly acceptable by them) is to assemble a complete KSU filled with defective components. As long as it is a complete unit, they will repair it. They don't repair piece parts, as far as I know, other than removable cards. What's nice with the SBX is that the same power supply is used in both cabinets and it is super easy to swap out without having to worry about losing the database or even take it off the wall.
Posted By: davetel Re: sbx dropping calls - 03/16/20 05:07 PM
got it. thank you.
Posted By: Derrick Re: sbx dropping calls - 03/25/20 11:25 AM
How are the calls delivered. Who is the service provider? KSU dropping all calls? inbound and outbound? Intercom dropping? Are lines voip coming into the building and then analog into the system? This may not be an SBX ksu problem.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help