atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mdaniel iPhone 4s - 01/04/12 06:03 PM
Got one for my b-day last week, so far I luv it.
Only down site is not getting free tethering.

Siri works very well even with my southern accent.
Posted By: ttech Re: iPhone 4s - 01/04/12 09:45 PM
Mike look at the app jot not pro. It allows you to take a picture of a document (signed work order) and email it as a PDF. It does really well. I'll bet that the camera has finer resolution than a fax machine.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: iPhone 4s - 01/05/12 04:42 PM
We'll do, thanks.
Yes the camera is pretty cool.
I quess the functions I like best so far are the multi-tasking and Siri.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: iPhone 4s - 01/06/12 04:38 AM
It's a great phone. I love all the various apps. My favorite is Dropbox. It is a file synchronization program, it puts a folder on your PC and all the files in that folder will show up on the phone.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: iPhone 4s - 01/06/12 04:48 PM
Originally posted by mdaniel:
Only down site is not getting free tethering.
Are there apps that will work around this issue? I use a Driod and that's not a problem, but I hear Apple keeps more control on the apps.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: iPhone 4s - 01/08/12 05:10 PM
Are there apps that will work around this issue? I use a Driod and that's not a problem, but I hear Apple keeps more control on the apps.
The ones I have looked at want you to "jailbreak" your phone. I would rather not do that to a new phone.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: iPhone 4s - 01/12/12 03:27 PM
Thanks for the jotnot App Don, works great!
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: iPhone 4s - 01/13/12 05:59 AM
Did you try Dropbox?
Posted By: mdaniel Re: iPhone 4s - 01/13/12 06:42 AM
Haven't yet, but will take a look at it.
Thanks,
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: iPhone 4s - 01/13/12 06:47 AM
It makes my life a million times easier...since I am normally everywhere BUT my desk during the course of the day.
Posted By: TDS Re: iPhone 4s - 01/13/12 12:53 PM
waiting on iphone 6 or 7 maybe 8
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: iPhone 4s - 01/14/12 02:38 PM
Mike, you do need to get Dropbox! I love it!
Posted By: Dustin Owens Re: iPhone 4s - 05/23/12 12:15 PM
I'll consider an iDevice once they make one that isn't so locked down. I want to plug it in and see a file structure, and use a damn command line to mount the thing and do a scripted copy of files to the device. That's one thing I love about my Droids. I hate how apple forces you to use a GUI with their Bloatware iTunes to do things with their iDevices.

Apple enabling the iNept
Posted By: Z-man Re: iPhone 4s - 07/09/12 05:51 PM
You don't have to use iTunes. You can use the cloud. Apple is simply catering to the masses. No offense, but your desire to command line work on your droid is in such small demand. No one really wants to do that. Why do i need to see the file stucture or do scripted files? I want to turn on my phone and check email and text, and have SIRI tell me the weather, or send a message for me. Apple's niche is their simplicity. Its not dumbing things down, its streamlining them to work efficiently. If Windows would have taken the same approach, it would have probably been the best OS on the planet.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help