atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Inbound Calls to Disconnected Mobile - 04/07/23 09:48 PM
Hello mobile forum--long time, no chat. I have an old Samsung that once had Verizon as a service provider. This phone has been disconnected for over two years but I keep it powered on for other purposes (video or music source for my Chromecast, universal remote control for various devices in my house, etc).

For about the last month, I have either been receiving calls or notifications about blocked spam calls on this device. Verizon's applet notes the old telephone number that was active on this phone, but I have called that number from my active Pixel 6 Pro and the old number has indeed been assigned and active on someone else's phone (I've spoken to them).

I was curious if anyone had any theories about why this happens. I once read something odd about how Verizon somehow keeps track of old SIMs, but that doesn't really make business sense. I am suspicious that intelligent hackers are somehow exploiting the SS7 network.

I DO NOT have Wi-Fi calling turned on.

Tell me a story about a ghost in the machine. I'd like to hear your ideas about this.
Posted By: dexman Re: Inbound Calls to Disconnected Mobile - 04/08/23 01:12 AM
I'm stumped. ponder
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help