atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JWRacedog Maint and CDE - 01/28/04 11:31 AM
Recently we took on a Mitel SX200 ML/EL. Customer gave us the password to get in---when we go-remotely-- into (2) CDE the username & password work fine---but when we try to go into (1)Maintenance---I can't get in. All of the other systems (Mitel) that we work on---we use the same procedure and get in all the time. I have tried the normal different usernames and have gone into the Form Restriction form and changed passwords...but nothing seems to get me into the Maintenance. Any help would be appreciated. All we're trying to do is read the logs.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Maint and CDE - 01/28/04 04:54 PM
Did you try 1000 as a password in Maint?
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Maint and CDE - 01/28/04 05:10 PM
I've tried all the defaults that I have ever run into. What I don't quite understand is that I can get into CDE just fine but can't get into Maintenance. That doesn't make alot of sense. Even after I change the passwords---I still can't get into Maintenance---but I alsway get into CDE (with the right password)
Go figure.
Posted By: dry_aquaman Re: Maint and CDE - 01/28/04 05:27 PM
i believe on the 200 the maint and cde passwords are not related. Most people set them up to be the same but it doesn't have to be. They can be different and it looks like in your case it is different.

It the password isn't 1000 and the customer doesn't have it, you may have to pay Mitel to go in and reset it for you.

Ralph
Posted By: dry_aquaman Re: Maint and CDE - 01/28/04 05:29 PM
i believe on the 200 the maint and cde passwords are not related. Most people set them up to be the same but it doesn't have to be. They can be different and it looks like in your case it is different.

It the password isn't 1000 and the customer doesn't have it, you may have to pay Mitel to go in and reset it for you.

Ralph
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Maint and CDE - 01/28/04 05:57 PM
Ah--haaa. I didn't know they were different. I suppose that you have to go into the Maintenance to reset the password. I'll go into my other customers to see. There certainly doesn't seem to be anything in CDE to affect it in any way. Thanks
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Maint and CDE - 01/28/04 06:14 PM
Ok......I just went into one of my older customers SX200(ml/El) ---the only Password set area is in the Form Restriction form (in CDE). I went all through the Maintenance then but---I sure didn't see any password menu anywhere there. Guess I'll have to check out a few manuals.
Posted By: chuck Re: Maint and CDE - 01/29/04 05:51 AM
Look in MAINT, SET...
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Maint and CDE - 01/29/04 03:44 PM
Yep,...there it is....Thanks guys. I went in there today and looked harder. If I would have looked that hard to begin with, I would have saved myself some time.

mick
Posted By: Rivergoat Re: Maint and CDE - 04/30/04 04:24 PM
Weird thing is, I'm running an SX-200 Light and although I can (and have) reset the maint password, I can't see anywhere to set the CDE password. Where am I missing this? I had a contact at Mitel and we discussed this, he never replied when I said the set password function only changed the maint and not CDE.
Posted By: mpoe Re: Maint and CDE - 04/30/04 04:40 PM
CDE is in form restrictions
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help