atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JoeShmo Can't call IN - 06/02/04 09:29 AM
I'm a little new to the Mitel setup, but things look ok. I've got a T1 connected from the Mitel to a Nortel Option 81c. When I dial the access code on the Nortel to hit the T1 to the Mitel, I do indeed get dialtone from the Mitel, but when I dial any extention on the mitel, I get reorder. If I setup vacant number re-routing on the Mitel, then any number I dial goes to the vacant number where I rerouted to, so apparently it is seeing the digits. I have things setup for 4 digit extention numbers, and it is waiting for all 4 digits before giving me reorder. If the call gets directed to the vacant number re-route, I can answer it, and the speech path sounds fine.

So I'm guessing I'm missing something somewhere.

SX-200 EL, 3.1
T1 module on bay controller. Bay 1.
Posted By: mitelman Re: Can't call IN - 06/02/04 04:53 PM
Try enabling SMDR on your COS for the trunks. Then go into maintenance and monitor the SMDR. That way you can see what digits you are getting from the option 11.

Simon
Posted By: JoeShmo Re: Can't call IN - 06/14/04 03:10 PM
We've given up on the T1, and went right to PRI, which is what we need to have setup between the two systems anyway, but are still having the same problem. We're using NI2 for the D channel interface type (our Nortel doesnt have Q.Sig) and "Connected Line Identification Presentation" for RCAP (remote capabilities). We'd like to be able to pass name/number over the PRI link.

We can call FROM the Mitel to the Nortel 81 without too much of a problem (no name/number id yet, but thats fine for now).

Anyway, here's the SMDR that we're getting:
06/14 02:44P 00:00:03 X012 006 *3594***60 4684

where 3594 is the number I'm calling FROM on the nortel, and "60" is part of the "6001" that I'm trying to dial TO on the Mitel. (I answered the call after 6 seconds, call duration 3 seconds as indicated. "4684" is my vacant number re-route.
Posted By: mitelman Re: Can't call IN - 06/14/04 05:53 PM
From your SMDR record it looks like all the mitel is receiving is "60". What you might want to try just for kicks is creating a 2 digit extentsion or hunt group and calling it from the nortel. See if the call routes properly then. depending on what you have set up in the nortel, you may have to still dial a 4 digit number in order for it to complete. It looks as though the nortel is stripping too many digits off of the string.

Since you have switched to PRI on the 200, you can connect a serial cable to the card at 38400 with a terminal program. Enter the following commands:
option +dispcall
option +cause

This will let you view cause codes and other information about the call including some caller ID. You will not see the name becuase of how NI2 works.

This is based on an assumption that this is a PRI card.

Simon
Posted By: mitelman Re: Can't call IN - 06/14/04 05:58 PM
Also, as far as sending name and number from the 200 to the nortel, you may have an issue. number should not be a problem, you just have to configure IMAT correctly. Name may be an issue. If you have QSIG enabled in form 4 you can send out name using the modified digits table in form 22. Otherwise you need to have the latest software with feature level 3 I think. If this is confusing, get the software load from the maintenance section and the feature level from Form 4 and post it.

Simon
Posted By: JoeShmo Re: Can't call IN - 06/15/04 10:34 AM
we're at feature level 4. This is a brand new system, with "the latest" software (purchased May 17th)

The PRI card seems to be showing the proper things.
something along the lines of "3594 @ 6001"
when 3594 (nortel) calls extention 6001 (mitel).

gets redirected to vacant number.
We've even tried stripping off the first 8, and expecting to (to strip "*3594***" from "*3594***60"). The two digit extention didnt ring.

We've also tried hitting the access code on the Nortel directly, to bypass routing to be sure no digits are being added/stripped. Same results.

[This message has been edited by JoeShmo (edited June 15, 2004).]
Posted By: mitelman Re: Can't call IN - 06/15/04 06:58 PM
What do you have in form 15? specifically the n m x columns?

Also what circuit descriptor did you use in form 13. I 'm just trying to cover all the angles here to see what has been missed.

Simon
Posted By: JoeShmo Re: Can't call IN - 06/16/04 06:36 AM
Form 15:
N=4, M=0, X=(blank), CDN=1
We've tried changing N to 10, and M to 8, as well as some other values for N and M...

In From 13, we used descriptor 1, as "T1 DID/LOOP-TIE". And it shows 23 trunks assigned. (Doesnt seem to be an option for PRI.. maybe I should try the "Basic Rate" type?
Posted By: mitelman Re: Can't call IN - 06/16/04 07:10 PM
On the Folio CD that you got with the system there are complete instructions on how to set up the PRI Card. It is under the feature description for PRI Card Support. That will get you a long way as you shouldn't use the T1 Loop Tie circuit descriptor. If you haven't looked at this doc you may also have COS settings incorrect as well.

Simon
Posted By: JoeShmo Re: Can't call IN - 06/17/04 05:37 AM
We've read those documents a few times, and while setting up, followed it step by step.

Here is a direct cut-and-paste from the "Technician's Handbook", page 113:

"Form 13, Trunk Circuit Descriptors
Assign the ISDN trunk with a T1 trunk circuit descriptor. To receive CLID or DDI digits, the ISDN trunk must be a non-DISA trunk that is programmed with a T1 E&M, T1 E&M DISA, T1 TIE DISA or T1 DID/TIE trunk circuit descriptor".

This outlines exactly what it says in the Folio doc as well. And yes, we've setup the COS exactly like it said as well. We're not just plugging random values into this thing, and hoping it'll work. We are indeed following the documentation.

In form 13, when you select "T1 DID/TIE", it turns into "T1 DID/LOOP-TIE" in the form.

So if you are saying that the book is wrong, and it should NOT be "T1 DID/TIE", then what SHOULD it be? Perhaps we can search all documents we have for the trunk type you say, and will find where it talks about that particular trunk type.
Posted By: mitelman Re: Can't call IN - 06/17/04 05:38 PM
Hmmm,

I always just follow the docs in folio and never have problems. I didn't know that selecting DID/TIE changed to loop tie. I usually use T1 E&M, not exactly sure why, just habit.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried changing your IMAT settings to DMS100 instead of NI2? I had a situation a couple weeks ago where I had to do this to connect to another PBX that said they were NI2.

Simon
Posted By: dry_aquaman Re: Can't call IN - 06/19/04 06:23 PM
Ok, I'm not an expert on the 200 but for sure on the 2K if you leave the Number of Digits to Absorb blank, you'll get the vacant number issue or the reorder tone.

Dry_aquaman
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help