atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RJ45 SX-200 Light Floppy Disks - 06/16/04 04:21 PM
Is there a 3rd party program that will format floppies for use on the older SX200s that use them for database? Cost of disks through Mitel is prohibitive, and until we can upgrade system we need to keep this one in operation.
Posted By: mitelman Re: SX-200 Light Floppy Disks - 06/16/04 06:50 PM
Yes there are, they are old dos disk copy programs that copy anything and everything. Basically you copy a good set of disks to new floppies and the do a backup. The one we use in our office is called Disk copy fast. You can google search for it. We have used this for a couple of years to hold over the cheap customers we have on contracts. Also works good to create disks to send to Mitel for CDBAR upgrades.

Simon
Posted By: RJ45 Re: SX-200 Light Floppy Disks - 06/17/04 12:25 PM
Thanks, I'll check into it. As for sending to Mitel for CDBAR, I was told Mitel would refuse any disks that did not specifically say "Mitel" and have a Mitel serial number on them. True?
Posted By: mitelman Re: SX-200 Light Floppy Disks - 06/17/04 05:40 PM
Not sure about that. Maybe it depends on how much you spend with them!
Posted By: dry_aquaman Re: SX-200 Light Floppy Disks - 06/19/04 06:19 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mitelman:
Not sure about that. Maybe it depends on how much you spend with them!</font>

I was dealing with the same issue once of having to keep a customer going. I found an old DOS copy program that said it would copy "any and all" formats. I sent a tech into the field to try and resolve an issue and he used it to copy the disk. (didn't work BTW) Anyhow, he had to call tech support for help on an issue and mentione that he copied the disk. We were reported to Mitel Security and some very high level phone calls were made between companies. I was called on the carpet for it.

Mitel has changed their software model so with the new stuff you can download the latest right from the Internet. But prior to the change, coping those disk could cost you your dealership.

dry_aquaman
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help