atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Wane Mitel SX-200ELx SMDR - 07/16/04 08:30 AM
I have a client who has aa 200ELx. The SMDR/Printer port doesn't seem to be functioning. I looked through the various forms (32 and 34) to make sure things were set correctly there. I looked at the configuration under maintenance and the baud settings look correct there, as well. I was told that this worked at one point. The port is connected to an EZ Call-A-Matic. It's settings are correct, as well. Is there a command I am missing to re-establish the port or do you think the port may be dead? Or maybe I'm missing an option I did not turn on? I will return to site soon to make sure SMDR data is showing on the system (I don't see how it would have changed, if it was working). So what do you think?

Thanks
Posted By: mitelman Re: Mitel SX-200ELx SMDR - 07/16/04 03:58 PM
Connect your laptop to the port with correct baud settings and enter a control q or control z and the port should start up again. you can prevent this from happening again by only connecting the transmit and ground to the call accounting box. What has probably happened was the the call recorder may have rebooted/ locked up, etc. Sometimes the software will shut down the port. Using just transmit and ground from the PBX prevents the call recorder from talking back. The only drawback is that there is no buffer then in case of failure.
Posted By: fldiver Re: Mitel SX-200ELx SMDR - 08/01/04 02:46 PM
Wayne,
Im guessing you are plugging the Call-A-Matic into the DB9 on the rear of the Mitel Cabinet this is fine butif your cable run to the Call-A-Matic is longer that 50Ft your asking for trouble as "Line Ground Noise" will eat up your RS232 circuit with a good power surge or lightning strike nearby. If your cable run is over really I dont recommend going over 20ft but I beleive EISA specs say 50ft. If your run is over that you need to look into putting in "Short Haul Modems" or you can use a "Mitel Dataset" or if you have a Super Console 1000 theres a data set port DB25 on the back of that & you can route the SMDR through that. Good Luck with it guy.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help