atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: schollian VLAN on a 200ICP - 08/12/04 03:01 PM
Does anyone have information on setting up a VLAN on the 200 ICP. It is a new install running 1.1.0.16 into an HP Procurve switch. I set it up the same as if it were on a 3300, but when I connect the 200 to the HP I cant get any phone to come up. The port for the 200 is set for VLAN 2 and is set for untagged. The ports for the phones are set for tagged. If I plug the 200 into a port that is set for the default VLAN I can ping it with a PC connected to the HP. But when I move the 200 to the untagged port I can no longer ping it from my PC. I have verified the IP address's of all the components and they are all on the same subnet. If I plug a set straight into the 200 the set boots up fine. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: mitelman Re: VLAN on a 200ICP - 08/13/04 06:02 AM
As far as I know it can use the same setup as the 3300. I'll have to check my docs and post a reply tonight.

Simon
Posted By: DrPbx Re: VLAN on a 200ICP - 08/13/04 09:10 AM
Please complete your profile.
Posted By: mitelman Re: VLAN on a 200ICP - 08/13/04 07:27 PM
It sounds like the setup is correct. Does the phone even try to boot up at all? In our installations we are always integrating with the customers network so we give them the docs and tell them to fly at it. It usually gets done as we will not configure their lan. Now if you are an end user, that sucks because I won't be much help!

I am most curious about how far the phone boots though...
Posted By: Darrick1980 Re: VLAN on a 200ICP - 08/20/04 06:48 PM
If your getting DHCP from the 200ICP you need to make sure that options 130(mitel ip phone),132(vlan id),133(priority) are also in your DHCP scope so the phone knows to reboot using VLAN 2 pri 6.

If you set the phone up manually, make sure you have the correct VLAN ID and priority in there.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help