atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BillyBob Emergency phone on SX200 analog - 09/26/04 04:18 AM
I have inherited a customer (a motel) with an old SX200 analog. The city is requiring him to install an emergency phone that can only dial 911 or the operator. Can this be done on this system? If yes, what is the programming sequence?
Posted By: Gene Re: Emergency phone on SX200 analog - 09/26/04 04:46 AM
Yes ,It can be done , but it has been so long and I have misplaced my 200 documentation ,I'm sure sundance has the documentation if not ,install a dialer on that one phone .
Posted By: cheaptech Re: Emergency phone on SX200 analog - 09/27/04 01:47 PM
Will they accept a ringdown to the hotel operator? If so create a seperate COS for that extension, and enable opt 57 in that COS.

That makes that extension a manual line that automatically dial the front desk when it goes off hook. I've had to do that to alot of pool phones.

reataylor
Posted By: BillyBob Re: Emergency phone on SX200 analog - 09/27/04 04:52 PM
Cheaptech - No, the city requires that the phone only be able to call the desk operator AND 911. I looked at an emergency phone made by Allen Tel that would autodial 2 numbers, but the downside was that it automatically disconnected in 2 minutes. Very often 911 will keep someone on the phone and direct them on how to administer treatment until emergency teams arive, thus the autodial Allen Tel phone was ruled out.
Posted By: Gene Re: Emergency phone on SX200 analog - 09/27/04 05:25 PM
As I stated earlier get a dialer on a 2500 set,no exspensive ,it will toll control , Call the Sandman
Posted By: cheaptech Re: Emergency phone on SX200 analog - 09/28/04 11:29 AM
To set it up in the toll restriction tables I would need to know what generic. But Gene is right. Get a dialer.
Posted By: BillyBob Re: Emergency phone on SX200 analog - 09/28/04 11:45 AM
Thanks for the info! I looked at the dialer on Sandman's site and it looks like the cheapest route to go - at least it would be the easiest.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help