atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: hina1410 SX-50 Extension Locked - 10/06/04 07:16 PM
When an extension is dialed from the main console it shows the extension number and "LOCK". Does anyone know how to unlock the extension? or what the problem could be? I have also checked the line card, and it is showing that that particular extension is being used, however it is not neing used its just locked. Any ideas?
Posted By: DrPbx Re: SX-50 Extension Locked - 10/06/04 08:53 PM
Typically that would be the symptom of a failed analog station port. Rotate/swap staion cards & see if the problem moves or stays. I thinking you checked to see if the phone was offhook.

------------------
Bound to cover,
just a little more ground.
Posted By: Gene Re: SX-50 Extension Locked - 10/07/04 07:34 PM
First thing ,dial *81 see if it has trunk bar, Also could be bad jack,wiring ,etc.If you haven't had a storm or power surge related to it's failure ,I would bet one of these named problems are it,A lot of times Motel Clerks get bored and start playing with buttons.
Posted By: ExeInnSu Re: SX-50 Extension Locked - 10/13/04 05:26 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hina1410:
When an extension is dialed from the main console it shows the extension number and "LOCK". Does anyone know how to unlock the extension? or what the problem could be? I have also checked the line card, and it is showing that that particular extension is being used, however it is not neing used its just locked. Any ideas? </font>

This happened to us once and I believe the phone was left off the hook and after the alarm was cleared.
Posted By: pmcommco Re: SX-50 Extension Locked - 11/06/04 03:25 PM
I often come across this "lock" problem in motel rooms. I tell the front desk staff to disconnect the telephone for an hour. The reason it goes to "lock" is because the receiver is off the hook for to long!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help