atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jsaad long wait before call is connected. - 11/03/04 05:35 PM
i have a 200D with a 480 port configuration, it's a hotel, G1005. customer complains that after they dial a number, they have to wait up to 1 minute for ringback. I've heard of this problem before, it's something to do with the ARS.

Any ideas what I should look for, is it in form 26 digit strings?
Posted By: DrPbx Re: long wait before call is connected. - 11/04/04 09:43 AM
It could be as simple as a dead CO line.
If this was an existing setup & it used to work, & nobody was adding anything, that's where I would start.
In COS of the trunks you could also look for'limited wait for dial tone'. That might need to be enabled.

------------------
Bound to cover,
just a little more ground.
Posted By: jsaad Re: long wait before call is connected. - 11/14/04 07:44 PM
i added option for limited wait for dialtone, no difference. The customer has analog lines, if you put your buttset on the line directly the call goes through fine. when you call through the switch it does in fact take at least 45 seconds to hear your first ringback.

I suppose my next step is to delete all ARS and start fresh however the ARS seemed rather simple.

customer claims this started happening recently.

any ideas?

[This message has been edited by jsaad (edited November 14, 2004).]
Posted By: DrPbx Re: long wait before call is connected. - 11/14/04 08:31 PM
Don't delete all the ars, just create a new route for a test number. Get that to work, then you can change the other routes.
Posted By: Gene Re: long wait before call is connected. - 11/15/04 03:12 AM
When you used your butt set did you dial the pick code first ,then the number ,maybe their provider.
Posted By: jsaad Re: long wait before call is connected. - 11/15/04 02:20 PM
good ideas, thanks!
Posted By: piguligu Re: long wait before call is connected. - 04/18/05 01:06 AM
First at all I'm in 2000 not 200 .
If I had a problem like yours I'll try to find out at first were the delay ocurs :
1.at sizing the C.O. trunk ?
2.at dialing on C.O. trunk ?
3.at conecting the audio path between the station and the C.O. trunk ?
To do that I'll monitor with the butt set on monitoring state (if it haven't that state you can made that state by conecting tru an ~100 nF capacitor) an outside test call.
If you findout where the delay ocurs post again.
Posted By: piguligu Re: long wait before call is connected. - 04/18/05 01:07 AM
First at all I'm in 2000 not 200 .
If I had a problem like yours I'll try to find out at first were the delay ocurs :
1.at sizing the C.O. trunk ?
2.at dialing on C.O. trunk ?
3.at conecting the audio path between the station and the C.O. trunk ?
To do that I'll monitor with the butt set on monitoring state (if it haven't that state you can made that state by conecting tru an ~100 nF capacitor) an outside test call.
If you findout where the delay ocurs post again.
Posted By: TSS Re: long wait before call is connected. - 10/11/06 09:59 AM
I am having the same problem. This is not only on external calls but transferring incoming calls to stations. I also think this is on extention to extention calls. Any ideas?
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: long wait before call is connected. - 10/11/06 01:15 PM
From the console, do a direct trunk select on all of the CO trunks to make sure you're getting CO dial tone THROUGH the PBX.
99% percent of the time, the trouble is a bad trunk in the outgoing group, as mentioned earlier!
If they all test fine, make a note for which trunks are used when the call finally does go out. That will help you narrow down the possibilities!
Except for extension to extension, that sounds like it is pulse dialing, not dtmf over trunks.
Posted By: CTIGuyz Re: long wait before call is connected. - 10/13/06 12:49 PM
If this site uses Ground Start trunks, test the system ground, and line polarity.
I would also test the DTMF receivers. These systems only have limited number of receivers in them and in a heavy traffic system resources can be taxed.
Posted By: TSS Re: long wait before call is connected. - 10/14/06 07:39 PM
OK thanks. I had this problem in the past when I first set up the voicemail. The property had a "B" disk that crashed and I had to reprogram. I don't remember what I changed to eliminate the long delay. Im back with the same problem and it seems to be after I set up the ONS voicemail again. Does this ring any bells?
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: long wait before call is connected. - 10/15/06 10:39 PM
Some things to check:

In form 26, the only "unknown" should be international (9-011-).
All numbers of digits in the "number to follow" column, plus your digits in the left-hand column, should add up to either 7 or 11, unless you're in an "overlay" area (like Dallas). Then go with 10 or 11 total digits in every entry.

i.e.
1555 + 7("to follow") = 11 digits
972555 + 4 ("to follow") = 10 digits
227 + 4 ("to follow") = 7 digits

If you are using a route list, check all trunks in all trunk groups (through the PBX) as Dr. PBX and 55'er recommended.

Happened after installing ONS VM? Did you create a new COS for the VM ports? Are any of your ONS phones in the VM COS?

Check alarms. Are any receivers busied out?

Longshot: Do a peg count on your CO trunks and receivers.
Posted By: TSS Re: long wait before call is connected. - 10/17/06 08:56 AM
I checked form 26, it looks good.

I did make the VM ports a COS. They are the only ones that are in this COS.

I am not too familiar with how the routes work. I have all local calls in dial "9" going to route 4. Is this alright?

I also notice this problem when an incoming call comes in and then is transfered to a room or any other type of extention.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: long wait before call is connected. - 10/17/06 10:34 PM
Routes work like this:
A dial string in form 26 is pointed to a route or a route list. For simplicity, let's say it's a route.
Form 23 defines the route, and specifies Trunk Group, Cor Group, and Modified Digit Table.

For simplicity, let's say that there's nothing in the COR group entry (i.e. no automatic toll control).

Your modified digits are not the problem (because the call goes out), so skip that.

The trunk group is important. Go to form 16, and you'll see a list of trunks in that group. You'll need to know the trunks by trunk number, in order from top to bottom. i.e., if the first entry is trunk 10, then 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, and 4, you'll need to know those numbers.

Log out of CDE and go to the console. Press Function, ATT Function, Trunks, then enter the trunk number (i.e. 10). Press Attendant Access. Do you get immediate dial tone? If so, continue.

If not, busy out that trunk and test thoroughly. Did the problem go away? If so, there's your problem. If not, repeat with trunk 9, 8, 7, 6, etc.,
Posted By: lmb Re: long wait before call is connected. - 12/13/06 01:18 PM
In the COS, check the value for the Delay Ring Timer. This value defines the length of time after an incoming call seizes a device until ringing is applied. Default is 10 seconds but it can be set for up to 60 seconds.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: long wait before call is connected. - 12/14/06 08:21 PM
Also, check the trunk CDN options. Make sure that DTMF is turned on.

You may also have dialing conflicts, in either form 26* or in form 9.

For example, internally (TSS), if you have an extension 6 and an extension 66, the dtmf interdigit timer has to time out to see if you're dialing extension 6.

In form 26, it would work the same way for 1831 + unknown, b/c the timer is waiting for you to dial another digit. when it times out, THEN it outpulses digits.
Posted By: miteltech Re: long wait before call is connected. - 01/25/07 07:25 AM
The 6 Laws/Guidelines of ARS

1. ARS is only as difficult as “you” make it.
2. Separate “all” call types. IE; long distance, international, local, info, etc…
3. The quantity to follow column in form 26, “must” have all “0’s” in it, with the exception of international which is set to UNK for unknown, due to the various lengths of digits required for dialing different countries.
4. Only use form 24 (list form) if someone is going to do you bodily harm or some other terminal threat is before you. (or if you have more than 1 trunk group and want to use a list for the 911 calls)
5. In form 20, the “member” column applies to the COR column in form 9, and if the COR member number is “in” a COR group then it is restricted from dialing number type/s pointed to that group.
6. Never place the letter “X” by itself in the digits to be analyzed field in the subform of form 26.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: long wait before call is connected. - 01/28/07 01:06 AM
Mitel Tech,

I see your point on items 3 and 4.

Route lists can be very helpful, but most of the time, a route will do.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: long wait before call is connected. - 02/14/07 10:20 PM
Just as an aside: If anyone's curious about comparison between Mitel ARS and NEC LCR, see the NEC section. I just posted on how NEC LCR works. Kind of a contrast in methods.
Posted By: Dane Re: long wait before call is connected. - 03/08/07 01:03 PM
Don't know if this finally got figured out but had a couple of things to add here. First of all the number of digits to follow is not all that important as only relates ot how many digits you will get on SMDR printout and how long a receiver sits there. However I always fill this in as often as possible to free up the receivers. But the switch will begin routing a call as soon as it sees enough digits to figure out the route. Sometimes if the dial tone is low from the CO you can direct select trunks and they will dial out okay but the switch does not hear them and goes through a bunch of trunks before getting one it knows it can dial out on. That's why you have to force digits out on T1 ccts on wink start via use of limited wait for dial tone since it can't hear the T1. Be careful, though, because if you put limited wait for dial tone in any COS other than the one for the trunks (and all the trunks should be in their own COS) then you could have problems. Sometimes that option in a phone COS will stop the thing from dialing out (I installed one many years ago and this drove me crazy for hours). Also with T1s I set limited wait for dial tone to 1 second in form 4. With other types of trunks if it becomes necessary to force the digits out then I would probably set to 2 seconds.
Posted By: vad60 Re: long wait before call is connected. - 03/09/07 04:58 PM
Jimmy,
Call me.

Vadim
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help