atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mrbaseball How do I turn off night service? - 01/10/05 10:46 AM
We have a Mitel system and we have around 20 phones hooked up. There is a Mitel 4015 that is showing night service on the screen. We managed to get all of the phones functions working, but cannot get rid of the night service message.

How do I change that message?

Also, how do I figure ou which Mitel system we are using?
Posted By: Gene Re: How do I turn off night service? - 01/10/05 04:14 PM
TRY *14 Do You have a console ,If so what does it say on it
Posted By: mrbaseball Re: How do I turn off night service? - 01/10/05 04:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll give *14 a try. Im not sure what you mean by console.

The Mitel phone panel looks close to this pic I found on ebay https://i9.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/29/75/d9_12_sb.JPG

I just run a cable from a laptop to the back of the mitel phone panel and hyperterminal into it.

[This message has been edited by mrbaseball (edited January 10, 2005).]
Posted By: mrbaseball Re: How do I turn off night service? - 01/11/05 08:57 AM
I tried *14 and the 4015 and it did not help. The phone was treating it like I was trying to dial an extension.

Are there any other steps I need to do before the *14? Im new to working with the mitel phones.
Posted By: Gene Re: How do I turn off night service? - 01/11/05 05:15 PM
I'm sorry ,the picture you referenced in your earlier post appears to be a newer digital Mitel system,on the older supersets if the class of service allowed ,you could hit either function or feature and14 and it would turn it on 15 or 13 was off, I'm sorry but I am only familiar with the older Mitel analog systems ,but most manufacturers try to stick with there original feature commands, and also the commands were programmable,I thought the *14 was a good gamble.A Mitel console is usually about 18 inches long and eight inches deep ,and has direct access feature buttons for an operator to handle a high volume of calls.
Posted By: Gene Re: How do I turn off night service? - 01/11/05 05:16 PM
I'm sorry ,the picture you referenced in your earlier post appears to be a newer digital Mitel system,on the older supersets if the class of service allowed ,you could hit either function or feature and14 and it would turn it on 15 or 13 was off, I'm sorry but I am only familiar with the older Mitel analog systems ,but most manufacturers try to stick with there original feature commands, and also the commands were programmable,I thought the *14 was a good gamble.A Mitel console is usually about 18 inches long and eight inches deep ,and has direct access feature buttons for an operator to handle a high volume of calls.
Posted By: Gene Re: How do I turn off night service? - 01/11/05 05:22 PM
i'm sorry but I am only familiar with the analog Mitels your picture appears to be a digital , a console is an operator station for handling a large volume of calls and features,The codes on the older Mitels were programmable,but generally a manfg. sticks with his feature codes ,do a google for your mitel users guide
Posted By: jsaad Re: How do I turn off night service? - 01/11/05 07:32 PM
go to the superconsole 1000 (big gray/white console) if you have one

Press FUNCTION
look for the DAY / NIGHT / NIGHT 2 options and select which one you want.

if you do not have a superconsole, go to a Superset phone (usually an operator phone) press SUPERKEY then press NO until you see an option for DAY Service

you have a SX200EL/ML. You need a VT100 terminal attached to the maintenance port on the back for further info.
Posted By: jsaad Re: How do I turn off night service? - 01/11/05 07:32 PM

Press FUNCTION

if you do not have a superconsole, go to a Superset phone (usually an operator phone) press SUPERKEY then press NO until you see an option for DAY Service

you have a SX200EL/ML. You need a VT100 terminal attached to the maintenance port on the back for further info.
Posted By: jsaad Re: How do I turn off night service? - 01/11/05 07:33 PM

Press FUNCTION

Posted By: jsaad Re: How do I turn off night service? - 01/11/05 07:33 PM

Press FUNCTION

Posted By: jsaad Re: How do I turn off night service? - 01/11/05 07:34 PM
oops
Posted By: MRLTECH Re: How do I turn off night service? - 02/18/05 08:53 AM
Did you go through the menu from the phone itself using the super key and switch from night to day?
Posted By: mrbaseball Re: How do I turn off night service? - 02/18/05 09:23 AM
I tried using the superkey, but there was no option for day service.
Posted By: mrbaseball Re: How do I turn off night service? - 02/18/05 09:24 AM
Posted By: mrbaseball Re: How do I turn off night service? - 02/18/05 09:26 AM
Posted By: Idua Re: How do I turn off night service? - 06/02/05 03:11 AM
Been a while but I think this will do it.

Login to Maintenance, in change attributes or station service assignment forms identify the COS number for the extension.

In class of service options assignment form with the relevent number selected, set dialled night service to YES.

You should be able to turn night service On/Off using the Superkey option.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help