atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Datel Mitel Generic 218 - 02/15/06 08:05 PM
I don't have a manual for generic 218, and have been asked to upgrade a 217 for the purpose of vmail integration. I'am curious if anyone could tell me what additional COS, System Options I need to address that aren't in the 217 manual, Thanks.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Mitel Generic 218 - 02/16/06 10:55 PM
Run, Forrest, Run.
[I am not a lawyer, seek your own counsel]

There's no such thing as a Generic 218 for Mitel. Therefore there is no manual for it.

There was a company called "Dean Industries" which produced a 218 processor for the SX-100/200 HOWEVER this was a violation of copyright, reverse-engineering agreements, and patent law. Mitel sued Dean Industries and everyone who layed hands on a Dean processor card.

If you have ever had ANY dealings with Dean Industries, Mitel will not allow you to be a dealer, reseller, representative, etc. -- and based on what they have done in the past, they may take legal action.

In other words, you're in grave danger of a lawsuit if you "upgrade a 217 for the purpose of vmail integration."

As an alternative, you might be able to set up a COV integration. Genesis sells COV equipment that works well with the SX-50, so there's likely to be a good COV voicemail for the SX-100.

If not, consider moving into the digital world.
Posted By: kmetech Re: Mitel Generic 218 - 02/16/06 11:24 PM
there is a mitel 218 card i have one it had
red ejector tabs on it instead of orange!as far as i can tell it programs identical to 217
and it may have just a little bit better voicemail
integration !I had the 218 running on a 200
very nicely with a covoice!also check vsr's
web site higher rev of the 217 actually will support the covoice but the still want you to
have a 218 dean 218 or a teletronics 319
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help