atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Rodimus Attendant overflow - 06/01/06 09:30 AM
Mitel sx-200
ICP 3.1.0.11

I need to know if you can make a overflow hunt group or ringing group. I'm not sure what Mitel would call this. What I'm looking for is after 3 rings at the console the call would overflow to a new ringing group. Another words I want the console to ring three times. If no one answers I want it to go to 5 other phones with in a group that all ring.

I have the console overflow working and going to ext 701, and I have 701 in a hunt group. The problem is that none of the other phones are ringing. After so many rings it will return to the console. Is a hunt group what I'm looking for or is there a different feature I will need to use to accomplish this.

Thanks
Posted By: johnp Re: Attendant overflow - 06/01/06 11:33 AM
What kind of phones are you using?
Posted By: Rodimus Re: Attendant overflow - 06/01/06 11:44 AM
The phones I wish to use as the overflow are 1 digital set (4025) and 4 analog sets. The 4025 is picking up the overflow, but I am unable to get the other phones to ring in a hunt group.
Posted By: OBTW Re: Attendant overflow - 06/01/06 12:40 PM
Are the analog sets the same class of service as the ss4025 ? If you recall the hunt group programming does it show all the members associated with the pilot ?
Posted By: johnp Re: Attendant overflow - 06/01/06 01:10 PM
You need to set this up as an ons ring group not as a hunt group.
Posted By: OBTW Re: Attendant overflow - 06/01/06 08:50 PM
I do not work on the 200icp , but if it's an ons ring group will not that cancel out the 4025 from answering calls ? Please explain if I am incorrect . Learning new things is what makes this forum so valuable ! smile
Posted By: johnp Re: Attendant overflow - 06/02/06 04:46 AM
Ons ring group is kind of like suite services. You set up one extension either (ons or dnic) as master and assoiciate the others to the master. Therefore when the master is called, all will ring. In his case I would create a new extension as master, and associate the 5 to it. The each could be called individually or at the same time using the master number.
Posted By: Rodimus Re: Attendant overflow - 06/02/06 08:47 AM
Thanks a bunch...

I have found the ons ring group member in the COS, and I have placed all the phones I need to ring in that COS. Is this how you mean to associate the phones to the master or is there another option to place these phones in a group..Such as in a hunt group?
Posted By: johnp Re: Attendant overflow - 06/02/06 08:51 AM
In form 9 you put the master number in the assoc field for the slave members. Say you make the dnic the master and all ons slaves. when the preferred line of the master is called all will ring. There can be only one appearance of the preferred line.
Posted By: Rodimus Re: Attendant overflow - 06/02/06 09:08 AM
Well...This is for a hotel application..It sounds like what you are referring too would be just for one number. We need if any number in the trunk group is called the Console will ring 3 times then will overflow too these phones..

Such as this...A call comes in..The console or main phone will ring three times. If no one is avaliable..it will overflow to the Managers phone (the 4025 dig), and too the 4 ONS phones..

Thnx for all the info..
Posted By: johnp Re: Attendant overflow - 06/02/06 09:29 AM
Trunk comes in and rings to console after 3 rings overflows to master number, all phones ring. Call is answered by one phone, another call overflows and rings remaining members...etc
Posted By: Mr.Telephone Man Re: Attendant overflow - 06/02/06 07:06 PM
The only way you can do that from the console is : attenedant overflow .
Which will overflow to Night 1
So make night 1 immediate ring your phones
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help