atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Kswolfe TeleWorker - 07/17/06 01:27 PM
I want to put our Teleworker behind a DMZ firewall. Can anyone tell me what ports I will need to oepn on the firewall. Yes it will still keep the same exteranl IP address.

Thanks.
Posted By: OBTW Re: TeleWorker - 07/17/06 04:01 PM
why waste a static IP ? Just use dhcp discovery . Check your e docs on your 3300 it will tell you ports you need to unlock . I can check mine and PM you in The am . Please fill out all the questions in your profile . We Mods like to know who we are helping for obvious reasons ! welcome smile
Posted By: OBTW Re: TeleWorker - 07/17/06 05:34 PM
It just crossed my mind , are you talking about the TW Server or TW sets ? :shrug:
Posted By: Kswolfe Re: TeleWorker - 07/18/06 02:46 PM
I am talking about the TW server do my 5250 from around the world can connect to them.
Posted By: OBTW Re: TeleWorker - 07/18/06 04:50 PM
Our TW Server was a B word to set up initialy and configure . Works great now . We just UPS the sets to the users and program profiles . Only had a few failures . Look at the DHCP options/config in Teleworker & 3300 it's all in the Edocs or help about . Good luck ! smile
Posted By: Timo Re: TeleWorker - 07/20/06 12:31 PM
Thought i'd give some extra info.

There is an issue on some TW server's with it's WAN side ip adress. What happens is that the TW server send it's private WAN NIC IP adress in the TCP/UDP headers instead of it's public IP. That way the TW sets can't reach the TW server. This causes the sets to boot and start up normally, but no audio when you set up a call.

If this happens you have to 'hack' into your TW Server and force it to send it's public IP.

I have a document describing the process if you need it.
Posted By: OBTW Re: TeleWorker - 07/20/06 07:10 PM
You gotta open the correct ports . I know 162 is one but click on help about . If you have acces to MOL post a question to their technical Email group ! Good luck . Thanks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help