atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mark Farver Mitel SX200 PRI DID CDN - 11/12/06 01:00 PM
Ok, since my last question was a bit of a bust, I'll try another concerning Caller ID on my SX-200 PRI card.

I spent a few hours trying to get outgoing callerid to work and didn't have any success. For incoming DID the telco sends us 4 digits, and we strip the first, and add back a 1. ( Its stupid and annoying, but one phone number is xxx-9634) So all of our extensions are 1+last three digits of DID.

In IMAT I configured the outgoing CDN page with a range of our extension numbers in the left DID field ("1420-1439") representing DID's xxx-6420 thru xxx-6439 and in the right column put in the full telephone number with x's in the last three digits (eg 2125556xxx). I then went to the outgoing trunks page and checked that line and set a default CDN for link 1. I think this is correct, but it never works. I just get the default CDN value. The left column "DID field" is not very well explained, am I correct in assuming that field is for the internal extensions?

Thanks
Mark
Posted By: piguligu Re: Mitel SX200 PRI DID CDN - 11/13/06 05:01 AM
Change the default CDN value (but with a number in your range) and see if its transmiting the new caller ID - because telco also can transmit his own CDN if its not getting what it expects from your sx-200.
Came back with the answer.
Posted By: johnp Re: Mitel SX200 PRI DID CDN - 11/13/06 08:43 AM
Are you sending the extension number to the pri card via modified digits?
Posted By: Mark Farver Re: Mitel SX200 PRI DID CDN - 11/13/06 10:00 AM
Changing the default does change what caller ID it sends. (The SX-200 is not connected directly to the telco, and the system it is connected to shows me what is received in the debug logs.)

I did not do anything else other than configure IMAT to set it up. Can you explain further about what you mean by Modified digits? Is there something I need to setup in one of the CDE forms to make it work?

Thanks
Mark Farver
Posted By: johnp Re: Mitel SX200 PRI DID CDN - 11/13/06 01:40 PM
In the modified digit assignment form for the routes you are using to dial out on the pri needs to have drop 1 assuming you are using dial 9 and insert *4*6*4 which is *4 (turn off smdr) *6 (send station identifier) *4 (turn on smdr). Hope this helps.
Posted By: Mark Farver Re: Mitel SX200 PRI DID CDN - 01/15/07 07:27 AM
Finally got a chance to setup the stuff in Modified digits and the system is still sending the default CDN. Any suggestion on how to troubleshoot this?

Am I understanding it correctly, the extension number goes into the left column (or range) in IMAT, and the CDN to send (or range) goes in the right?

Thanks
Mark Farver
Posted By: johnp Re: Mitel SX200 PRI DID CDN - 01/18/07 10:53 PM
You are correct. Make sure in the imat voice substitution section that there is a check mark for your selected range. Then update, exit update.
Posted By: piguligu Re: Mitel SX200 PRI DID CDN - 01/19/07 12:53 AM
And after U load the new database U have to reset the PRI Card for the new database to become active.
Posted By: miteltech Re: Mitel SX200 PRI DID CDN - 01/25/07 06:47 AM
Reviewed docs and I see that you must reset the PRI card for changes to take effect. Sorry, not perfect, just persistent.
Posted By: piguligu Re: Mitel SX200 PRI DID CDN - 01/25/07 11:41 PM
My bad. I was thinking at sx-2000 (with DSU).
Posted By: miteltech Re: Mitel SX200 PRI DID CDN - 01/26/07 06:47 AM
Reviewed docs and I see that you must reset the PRI card for changes to take effect. Sorry, not perfect, just persistent.
Posted By: Mark Farver Re: Mitel SX200 PRI DID CDN - 02/01/07 11:34 AM
After some over the phone help from forum member fifty5footer we got it figured out. The mitel docs seem to say you can do the match on a portion of the extension number. In my case I had the full extension numbers on the left, (1424) and I wanted to send only the last three digits of the extension number as part of the Caller id (eg 2125556xxx, to send 2125556424).

That doesn't work. If the extension number on the left has four digits, the right hand field must have 4 "x" digits. I renumbered all my extensions to match the last 4 digits of the DID number and everything works perfectly.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help