atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SUNSHINE1234 Express Messenger - 03/19/07 08:39 AM
I hope someone can help! Situation: Hotel has an SX200 ML system with carded Express Messenger. The Express Messenger has stopped working an been replaced 6 times, yes I said (6). Guest can not make wake-up calls again! This system was put in 2004. It has all the protection one can have! The interface keeps going down. Micros/Fidelio said that their PMS is working fine. The Express Messenger this last time was moved to a different slot to elimate the slot it was in. We have used so many TC credits with Mitel an all they have done is replacement. PLEASE!!! Any Suggestions.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Express Messenger - 03/19/07 12:09 PM
So is the problem that the guests can't do their own wakeups, or that the PMS interface keeps going down, or both??
Posted By: Dane Re: Express Messenger - 03/19/07 02:03 PM
And when you say stopped working what exactly does that mean? Has it just quit working all together or have some of the functions stopped owrking?
Posted By: Dane Re: Express Messenger - 03/19/07 02:12 PM
one other thing - what kind of PMS system are you wroking with here. I would be interested to know if you run it for a couple of days without the interface hooked up if you can do your wake-ups, etc.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Express Messenger - 03/19/07 03:38 PM
Is the Express Messenger still running? Did you reset it by reseating card?? Do this HOT. Does it work after reseating?? I haven't worked with a EM for a while, but I think that is what I have done before with good success.

I see that you are Mitel dealers---you've probably already tried that.

I think that you have to determine whether or not it's the PMS (as Dane has suggested) or the EM.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Express Messenger - 03/19/07 05:31 PM
I am just wondering what Mitel Messanger has to do with Feature "Guest Wake up Set Up and Cencel".
Dane, his PMS is Fidelio. Pretty good company. I used to Install couple on SX-200 Digital. Not much problems as I can recall.
Hey, SINSHINE 1234. Have you reseat Messanger what ever any port was busy? If yes it is all your fault and Mitel was very generouse to send you replacement. I had only one issue when system lost a power during Messanger performed its task. You are probably loosing your power all the time and blaming Mitel for it.
have you chacked out your register on wake up calls? maybe it full? and you have to clear it. maybe customers do not receive a wake up because was not set up right? You did not give as any info what have you done to troubleshoot problems. What Dataset you are using: 1103 or 2103?
Give as more information and we will try to help. What is the code for Wake up?
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Express Messenger - 03/19/07 11:42 PM
Mitel Express Messenger can be set to allow guests to set their own wake-up calls. I believe that it's option 3 after login.

MAny hotels prefer this ove console wake-ups.

Vad has a point: that Messenger should not be removed while the status lamp is amber. It can be removed while green or red.

All ports should be programmed up before installing the card -- Have all of your replacement cards been of the same port count?
Posted By: SUNSHINE1234 Re: Express Messenger - 03/20/07 07:07 AM
First off i just wanted to say appreciate your replies. I am the technician using my co-workers account as i could not be here yesterday. Fortunately the call we took yesterday was a false alarm, the interface had been down on Micros Fidelio's part. But this is still a problem this is the 5th EM installed on this system. Usually when the card goes out, the port becomes completely dead, it will then not pick up period, also not even giving us an alarm, we checked all pin-outs coming off the port, even putting surge protection onto it. This has stumped a lot of people, in turn making us not look so good. The last time it went out - you could see yourself calling each port if you dialed that ext. but the card just wouldn't answer. Any further questions i'd be happy to answer thanks.
Posted By: SUNSHINE1234 Re: Express Messenger - 03/20/07 07:09 AM
I'm sorry i did forget to mention a few other things, we have moved the card to a different slot, and also moved it to a different bay, still giving us no change, the card seems to last about 1 month or so before going out.
Posted By: Dane Re: Express Messenger - 03/20/07 12:52 PM
you said you had put surge protection on the interface port but you did not mention whether you have UPS on the PBX itself. They could have less than stable power at the site which might not affect other cards in the system. The only other place this ight show up is in the PMS or office computers but could almost guarantee that those units have UPSs on them. Just a thought. And sorry for missing the Fidelio in original post (I'm Polish what the heck do you want) and yes they are pretty reliable.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Express Messenger - 03/20/07 03:37 PM
To dial into the port with no answer on Mitel doesn't means nothing. Did you go into Maintenance to take a look on the status of that port. Is it idle or busy out? Do not forget that last port is responsible for MW light ON & OFF. If this is busy Hottel take it out of Hunt Group in Form 17. Leave it alone to turn MWL.Because if calls comes into port 4 at the time what ever port doing its main job(MW)it would not Answer.
set up Hunt Group for Terminal not Circular hunting. In this case ring would come to first port in the group first and will hunt in order.
Posted By: -Ez-Logistics- Re: Express Messenger - 03/20/07 10:29 PM
Yes, i have monitored it. All the ports are idle, you see it ringing when you call it, just ring no answer, and back to the console. Again this is the 5th card. The very first replacement was due to lightning. We have had numerous technicians to the property, and no answer can be found.

BTW- I am the tech that has been handling this.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Express Messenger - 03/21/07 01:32 AM
Long-shot... When handling the card, are you using anti-static protection? I have seen static causing problems... We had sales agents with headsets plugging in after crossing a newly carpeted floor, knocking DNIC cards offline.
Posted By: -Ez-Logistics- Re: Express Messenger - 03/22/07 06:52 AM
I would agree, but the chances of blowing 5 cards from static is far fetched. I reprogrammed they're 5th card about 2 weeks ago, still running now. I can promise you within two more weeks that card will be dead.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Express Messenger - 03/22/07 07:03 AM
What are the chances that the PMS conncection is causing the problem?? Voltage, ground, shorts etc.??
How about leaving the PMS cable unplugged for a while, and see if it lasts any longer??
It couldn't hurt! Just leave all of the mailboxes manually checked in.
Posted By: -Ez-Logistics- Re: Express Messenger - 03/22/07 07:28 AM
That is been what we have been thinking all along. The last card that went out was the first since we put surge protection on the interface. This last card that went out simply wouldn't answer, the interface worked fine. All the other cards that have gone out, the interface would go out, but the card would pick up and you could still check in the VM manually. We were thinking maybe coincidence that this last card quit working, since the interface had nothing to do with it.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Express Messenger - 03/22/07 09:38 AM
If only Notification port goes out all the time then maybe it is Interface problem!! Try to asign another port for MWL and see or that port will go bad as well.
Posted By: Hospitalityphones Re: Express Messenger - 04/10/07 07:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SUNSHINE1234:
I hope someone can help! Situation: Hotel has an SX200 ML system with carded Express Messenger. The Express Messenger has stopped working an been replaced 6 times, yes I said (6). Guest can not make wake-up calls again! This system was put in 2004. It has all the protection one can have! The interface keeps going down. Micros/Fidelio said that their PMS is working fine. The Express Messenger this last time was moved to a different slot to elimate the slot it was in. We have used so many TC credits with Mitel an all they have done is replacement. PLEASE!!! Any Suggestions. [/QUOTED

DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!!
micros Fidelio is on my list and it isn't the Christmas list, this list begins with an "sh" and ends with a "t" get the point? I have had so many Micros prolems with ports I want to get sick when I see one, they use a USD to RS 232 Port box that fails and every time No matter what it's not their fault, it's always that dumb phone tech. The USB to RS 232 port server locks up the smdr or rs 232 ports in the telephone systems, this has happened to Hitachi 5100's, Mitel SX 200s and many others. I would check that port server it's a small inch tall by um 6 inch long by 3 or 4 inch deep box normally black in color and has between 4 to 8 rs232 ports to devices such as a smdr port.

I hope this helps.

Jim
231-535-5117
Posted By: panda Re: Express Messenger - 04/18/07 03:22 PM
what slot is the MEM in? troubles with MEM above slot 5
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help