atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mark Farver ISDN phones attached to SX-200 - 03/29/07 12:08 PM
I have a couple of fancy conference phones that are designed to plug into an ISDN BRI interface. I've seen mention of BRI in the mitel menus, but what hardware/options would be required to interface one to our SX-200 EL/ML? Our primary connection to the telco is via a PRI card, so we may already have some or most of what is needed.

Thanks
Mark Farver
Posted By: vad60 Re: ISDN phones attached to SX-200 - 03/29/07 05:07 PM
No. PRI has nothing to do with BRI. BRI is only available on Mitel ELx system. It is require BCCIII card and Maintenance Module on BCCIII. Has to be software level 2 and higher and it is a special 8 port BRI card. Each BRI(Basic Rate Interface) is a 2B+D port wich is takes 2 56Kbts channels plus 1 16 Kbts D channel. You have to know how it should be programmed to make it work.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: ISDN phones attached to SX-200 - 03/30/07 12:43 PM
Vad60, I think Mark is trying to connect to Mitel as if it's a Central Office BRI. Ain't happenin', Mark. The Mitel AND your phone both want a Central Office type BRI circuit! It would be like trying to plug to single line phones together with 1 line cord and communicate. John C.
Posted By: vad60 Re: ISDN phones attached to SX-200 - 03/30/07 01:53 PM
JohnC,
I thought he is having ISDN Conference phones and he is looking how to hook'em up to an existing Mitel.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: ISDN phones attached to SX-200 - 03/30/07 04:04 PM
My bad, rereading his original post, I think you may be right. Guess we'll find out if he returns. John C.
Posted By: Mark Farver Re: ISDN phones attached to SX-200 - 04/10/07 09:06 PM
You are correct, I was looking for the Mitel to act as a CO for the phone. A lot of other vendors can support ISDN sets... I've used a couple of agent consoles that were ISDN with other systems.

If the Mitel can only connect to a telco BRI that will not meet my needs. Ah well.

Thanks
Mark Farver
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: ISDN phones attached to SX-200 - 04/11/07 06:36 AM
When you program the BRI circuit, you tell the Mitel whether it will be station side, or TELCO side. The only restriction is that all circuits on the 4 cct module have to set as the same type.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help