atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Carl Navarro Mitel "Dealer" questions - 08/08/07 03:32 AM
Well, I'm about ready to sell a pair of 200 ICP systems. I get to dress up in a better gray flannel suit, since I'm going to be an agent for the largest Mitel supplier in the country.

I'm still working on contracts with the end user, things like air conditioning and protection, but I'm wondering about Mitel dealer perks. Here I don't have to commit to quantity as I'd sell about .5 PBX's a year, and I get free training.

Any direct Mitel dealer comments?

Carl
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Mitel "Dealer" questions - 08/08/07 08:40 AM
Not with a dealer now, but, the knowledge upgrades are net based, no out of town school with attendent costs. (Bar bills, girly shows, etc. smile ) Better support, I thought, compared to who I think you are talking about. And same to better prices. And better sales help, as long as you want to sell the latest and greatest.

But the flip is the sales committent required. And the hospitality sales puts you up against every Mitel dealer for 2000 miles or more. And some are desperate to make quota and almost sell at cost to move product! Let's face it, hotel/motel is always the same, at least within the same 'flag'. If you've done 2 ANYBRAND INN's, you know how to program the next 50, and can probably preload from the previous install's backup, make 15 changes and go home! Only maintainence is drop ship a console every 2-3 years to replace the coffee-soaked one. Or turn it over to a local and do any changes via remote and bill the local and let him take a markup. That's why local Mitel dealers don't usually do too well, they won't send someone 500-2000 miles for 1 week to do an install. And they want a 1.9-2.5 markup and it doesn't happen in hospitality. smile John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Mitel "Dealer" questions - 08/08/07 03:49 PM
If you're stepping up your sales, find a boiler-plate "Terms & conditions" to protect your assets, and get a local lawyer to vet them. Then make sure the client signs them. Worth its weight in Gold.

You might even want to list the last ten dirty tricks customers have played, and write up a "things you can't do" list (then bounce that off of your lawyer).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help