atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Rodimus SX-200 port locked - 08/14/07 10:52 AM
Hello,

I have an ext locked and we have tried everything to unlock it. Reboot the system, reseat the card, access the port from maintance with little luck.

We beleive it was just an ext left of hook in the guest room. Then the phone created an alarm and locked up. We have check to see if we need to unlock it from the console, but have not seen any options to do so. When trying to access the port via maintaince we get that the port is being used, and we have not been able to turn it off or busy it out. Any ideas..

/thank you
Posted By: Dane Re: SX-200 port locked - 08/14/07 11:06 AM
What kind of system is it? Let's start there.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-200 port locked - 08/14/07 12:38 PM
What Dane said! John C.
Posted By: Rodimus Re: SX-200 port locked - 08/14/07 01:33 PM
It is a mitel sx-200 ICP. The ext. is just an anolog phone for one of their rooms. This is for a hotel.
Posted By: TECHarry Re: SX-200 port locked - 08/14/07 03:49 PM
Lockout just means that the system has seen the extension off hook without activity for a long time. The problem could be anywhere from the phone all the way back to the backplane of the PBX. The system locks the port so that system resources aren't wasted and give you an alarm (if programmed} to alert you to check out the problem.

Go to the guest room and unplug the phone (both phones if you have two in the room) and see if the extension clears the lock condition. If so, you have a phone or line cord problem. If not, the room jack(s) could be shorting the line. If you're comfortable with that process, find yourself a local Mitel tech (see Installer link above) to help you out.

Anything beyond the jack should be handled by a tech who is on-site to troubleshoot the problem. Trying to take it on without experience with the system can create more problems than it solves.

Good luck,
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: SX-200 port locked - 08/15/07 06:07 AM
Harry, you've been well trained!!!
Posted By: Dane Re: SX-200 port locked - 08/15/07 11:49 AM
I have had situation where an extension has been locked out for so long that I've had to reboot the system with the card for that ext. pulled out then delete it from programming and put it back in. Usually this is not a problem with 200ICP though. I think Harry has a good idea for the trouble shooting. If I were on site I would disconnect cross connect, reset the card and then try it on the frame. However if the system is saying maintenance port already in use you may need a reboot and I am not sure I would try that without a tech on site.
Posted By: f0ne t4p Re: SX-200 port locked - 08/19/09 10:53 AM
often times you'll find that its the handset plugged into the data port on the back of the phone creating the short. make sure the handset is plugged into the handset port smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help