atcomsystems.ca/forum
On a few occasions, integrated VM users have complained that callers have been cut off in the middle of leaving a voice mail. I listened to one of the messages and the person was speaking somewhat quietly but not nearly to the point that I thought they should have been cut off.

I am not getting complaints of callers being cut off during normal conversations so I don't think it's a trunk dropout problem.

Is there a setting for the VOX ??? level?

Is there something else I should look at?
The only thing that comes to mind is " talk off "
is when a caller is in VM and the tone or pitch of the callers voice- mostly women with high pitch voice, VM thinks it is DTMF tone and stops recording and the caller will usually hear the VM options I.E. to send message press x.

I have not heard of this happening in a few years, not sure if newer VM's have cleared this issue.

The message you listened too how long was the message before it cut off? that could give you an indication of a " low volume "
Originally posted by AKroger:
The only thing that comes to mind is " talk off "
is when a caller is in VM and the tone or pitch of the callers voice- mostly women with high pitch voice, VM thinks it is DTMF tone and stops recording and the caller will usually hear the VM options I.E. to send message press x.

I have not heard of this happening in a few years, not sure if newer VM's have cleared this issue.
Our system is only a few months old.

Originally posted by AKroger:

The message you listened too how long was the message before it cut off? that could give you an indication of a " low volume "
The message was only about 15 seconds long and there appeared to be almost no pause in speech prior to the cutoff. The volume on the entire message, I would consider to be somewhat low but it wasn't nearly to the point where I'd say it should've been cut off. It was a mans voice that I'd say was on the guttural side, not soft.

I was hoping there was an easy solution however, I think I'll just call the supplier and ask them to look at it.
Is it random mailboxes or certain mailboxes? Have you tested leaving a message via each individual port on the VM?

If it is a few specific mailboxes then delete them and re-enter them. Obviously if it is a bad port then you can busy it out until you get it fixed. could be a bad spot or two on the HD in which case you ought to be able to run some maintenance if you can schedule a time to take the system down.
Originally posted by Dane:
Is it random mailboxes or certain mailboxes? Have you tested leaving a message via each individual port on the VM?

If it is a few specific mailboxes then delete them and re-enter them. Obviously if it is a bad port then you can busy it out until you get it fixed. could be a bad spot or two on the HD in which case you ought to be able to run some maintenance if you can schedule a time to take the system down.
Hi Dane, long delay however, I was waiting for another instance and haven't had one.

Regarding a specific mailbox, no, it's been on three different mailboxes, once each.

Regarding a bad port, it's an integrated VM. If you mean a bad analog trunk, there would have been other complaints by now.

Re spot on HD, I would have thought that would've shown up by now but ???

Mitel is going to take a look as we're still under warranty but thanks for all replies.

I'll post any resolution if there is one.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help