atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: beechtree Superconsole 1000 ring - 08/28/07 02:53 AM
I am running an SX-2000 with a Superset 1000 console. New calls to the console while it is in use currently ring once, then show up as calls waiting. The operators are requesting that new calls ring constantly, even when they are handling another call. Console instructions say this is a programmable feature; SX-2000 programming instructions do not mention it. Anyone know if this is possible?
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Superconsole 1000 ring - 08/28/07 03:18 PM
Check your "failure to hang up" timer. That's what we use on the 200. Don't know if it applies on the 2000.
Posted By: TECHarry Re: Superconsole 1000 ring - 08/28/07 06:21 PM
I'm not up to speed on the 2000, but if it's like the 200, you can't actually make the console ring... you can only provide a short call waiting alert but you can make it repeat the alert periodically.

If it programs like the 200 you need to check three COS Options for the console COS:
-- Attendant New Call Tone should be Enabled to give the console an alert tone and a Call Waiting display (sounds like it already is)
-- Attendant Multi New Call Tone should be Enabled to make the alert tone repeat (sounds like it's not)
-- Recording Failure to Hangup timer should be checked; the default is 30 seconds but can be shortened to increase the sense of urgency of the call waiting

Hope this helps and good luck,
Posted By: Dane Re: Superconsole 1000 ring - 08/28/07 06:34 PM
What Harry said. However I have always found that no matter how frequent the ring there seems to be a problem with the volume. You can set up a night bell scenario.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Superconsole 1000 ring - 08/29/07 05:40 AM
The SX200 doesn't offer any of these options. I'd go with the hight bell under the desk, and have the console use the TAFAS code to answer some or all of the incoming calls.
Posted By: beechtree Re: Superconsole 1000 ring - 08/29/07 08:21 AM
Thanks for the helpful responses. The SX2000 seems to be a little different from the 200 in this regard. Other than the attendant new call tone (which is set and not programmable) the mentioned options are not available. I'll find another way to deal with this.
Posted By: Dane Re: Superconsole 1000 ring - 08/29/07 02:36 PM
I think you may be able to overflow to some kind of night bell. Or overflow to another phone in the vicinity of the console.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help