atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Sailor553 SX50 Extension Programming - 08/29/07 06:33 PM
I very recently inherited a job site that uses the Mitel SX50. It's a hotel/motel operation.

I have found my way to some of the old install manuals but, can't seem to find the Section that I need. This motel wants to move to a three digit extension/room plan verses the four digit they have now.

Can any of you fine folks point me in the right direction?
TIA
Posted By: DrPbx Re: SX50 Extension Programming - 08/29/07 07:41 PM
The manual link above has SX-50 manuals.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX50 Extension Programming - 08/30/07 03:35 AM
Woops, lost that post. You can get in serious trouble and Hose the entire system/numbering plan if you don't know what you are doing! Be REAL careful. smile John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: TECHarry Re: SX50 Extension Programming - 08/30/07 04:27 AM
Ditto squared to what Lightninghorse said... the only way I know to reset the numbering plan is to do it port by port. The SX50 programs from the console using a Command/Register/Field scheme. That means there's lots of room for "fatfinger" error.

If you're not familiar with the 50 and the job needs to be done soon, I'd suggest contracting this job out to an experienced tech. Work out a deal to get some fundamental training out of the deal so you can maintain the system.

If you can't do that, take it really slowly. Get the manual, get used to the programming scheme, get a hard copy printout of the existing program, and check it carefully for any numbering conflicts before you change anything.

Good luck,
Posted By: Sailor553 Re: SX50 Extension Programming - 08/30/07 06:08 AM
Thanks all,

I did find manuals at wedophones.com. However, I can't seem to locate the Station Programming section in them. I figure there must be another book that this web site does not have or, that I am blind.

I also figure that this task would be a port-by-port operation as Harry mentions.

Will start out by hooking the switch to a printer after I first clear a few trouble codes - swell.
Posted By: jayman Re: SX50 Extension Programming - 09/21/07 11:56 PM
If the alarms say "check sum error"walk away!!!!
Posted By: Gene Re: SX50 Extension Programming - 09/22/07 05:32 AM
The program command for extension programming and C.O. programming depends on the slots you have the appropriate cards installed in, If appropriately programmed ,you have range programming available.
Posted By: Dane Re: SX50 Extension Programming - 09/22/07 06:30 AM
Range programming available only a per card basis in this switch.
Posted By: Gene Re: SX50 Extension Programming - 09/22/07 08:52 AM
Exactly ,Dane ,I forgot to mention that.someone not familiar with the 50 will find the documentation confusing ,as the layout in the programming forms can be decieving , if you don't check out the equipment number layout ,and understand it before jumping in.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: SX50 Extension Programming - 09/22/07 03:08 PM
Normally a motel install would start with the first slots as station ports (rooms), and the trunk cards would be to the right. Station programming for slot 1 would be command 301, register 01-16 with the extension number as the last 4 digits on the display. Card 2 would be 302, and so on. Very easily done. Write down what is in there before you change anything, or as the guys said, get a hard copy of the data base (which is always good to have anyway). Good luck.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX50 Extension Programming - 09/23/07 06:04 AM
All well and good but Sailor553, the original poster, hasn't been back for almost a month guys! I know, picky, picky. smile John C. (Not Garand)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help