atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Carl Navarro The Saga of the 22 year old PBX - 09/06/07 09:49 AM
I think I finally realized this week that it's time to pull the plug on a Mitel G-217 PBX. I
have a customer that has 2 of them a mile apart in motels and they got struck by lightning on the same day.

Two processors, 4 line cards and a rear door power supply later, I got one up perfectly and one up partially. The insurance company authorized an upgrade on one property (2 seperate carriers) and now the owner wants me to "refurbish" the second PBX and he'll keep the insurance money.

So I go from 2 downed systems and a $28K sale to labor and scrambling for Mitel parts, and the owner is pissed at me because I am charging him a fortune for the replacement PBX and all of my labor. Geeze, I remember that Mitel training was "free" except it cost me a week of my time in Virginia and lodging in 1981 dollars.

I'm tempted to tell him to find another Mitel dealer for support on his 217 :-)

Carl, how many retirees are able to find Mitel stuff?
Posted By: Dane Re: The Saga of the 22 year old PBX - 09/06/07 02:31 PM
Just tell the guy to get a price from someone else. Then he might get a better perspective.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: The Saga of the 22 year old PBX - 09/06/07 06:04 PM
Tell "Rashad", or "Bob", or whatever his 'Amercanized' name is, that it is time to bite the bullet and quit milking the 2 properties! Occasionally you have to feed the 'CASH COW'. John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: The Saga of the 22 year old PBX - 09/07/07 09:17 AM
the owner wants me to "refurbish" the second PBX and he'll keep the insurance money.

Hmmm...sounds a bit fraudulent to me.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help