atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguy1962 LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/07/07 08:57 AM
I'm a PBX tech who just moved into the CO. I have an end user who has a Mitel LW 19 PBX. We are changing his T-1 to a PRI. We can make and recive 10 digit calls. When we do 1+ dialing the PRI rejects the call. As a test, I installed a Nortel 0X32 onto the PRI. I had no failures. The PRI is configured for NI-2. The last time I worked on a Mitel it was a LW 15 so I don't know what options are availible on the LW 19. Any advise would be welcom.

Thanks
Posted By: Dane Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/07/07 12:33 PM
just go into form 22 and set up a modified digit entry to strip the 1. If all other calls are routing then this should be all you need to do. (I assume you were talking about 1+ dialing OUT of the Mitel)
Posted By: phoneguy1962 Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/07/07 01:01 PM
Hey Dane thanks for responding. Not really the issue. The Tech on site said he's removing 1, dropping 9. The 1 + area code should be going out. If I dail 10 digits ie 610-XXX-XXXX the call routes. When we do 9-1-XXX-XXX-XXXX the PRI rejects the call. This seems to be an issue between our DMS-100 using NI-2 and the Mitel. We're confused because I can put a Nortel 0X32 on the PRI and the call routes good. It seems to be a protical issues but we can't seem to find the trouble. We can't seem to find why the Nortel protical works but Mitel doesn't. I'm limited to the options avalible on the Norstar and I don't know anything about the LW 19. It shouldn't be a modified digits issue, do you know of any PRI protical issues. My swithch man made mention of a protical in the DMS called AIN
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/07/07 02:42 PM
Have him insert "000" (cbc code), after deleting the "9".
He didn't enable that option on the PRI card, but he can do it through ARS.
We're also in PA, so have him call us if you need more help!!
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/07/07 07:41 PM
Phone guy, I think you may have misunderstood Dane. I think he means drop the '9' used for trunk/ARS access AND the '1' used for LD. Resulting in 10 digits total going out on PRI. John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: Dane Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/08/07 10:56 AM
That's what I meant. I felt since 10 digits were routing properly it seemed that simply getting rid of the 1 should do the trick.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/08/07 02:46 PM
Gee, I love it when I'm right! And Dane's point is valid, if you can fix it, don't harass the carrier. Guaranteed they'll hose it up even worse trying to get it right! John C.
Posted By: phoneguy1962 Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/10/07 05:23 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to be setting up a vendor meet for this week. I'll let you guys know what resolves the issues. Have a good one.
Posted By: phoneguy1962 Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/13/07 05:21 AM
issues resolved, The Mitel PBX had to change it's protical to 5ESS. The Mitel saw our DMS 100 as 5ESS. NI-2

Thanks for the help
Posted By: Dane Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/13/07 06:42 AM
Thanks for letting us know how it was resolved. Just out of curiosity did you try stripping the leading 1 ?
Posted By: phoneguy1962 Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/13/07 09:27 AM
stripping the digit didn't fix it. It turned out to be a true protical issue. Seems to be a AIN / PLNC signaling issue. Not exactly sure what that controlls, getting info from our DMS switchman. It seems AIN is looking for a precursor code to preform features assosiated with NI-2. If more than 10 digits are recived and it doesn't get the correct signal it will reject the call.
Posted By: Dane Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/13/07 09:49 AM
interesting. Still strange that 10 digits were processing correctly and yet stripping the 1 did not allow calls to be processed. Guess it could have been programming issue in the CO that it would only process the local area codes without the other signaling.
Posted By: Dane Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/13/07 09:50 AM
interesting. Still strange that 10 digits were processing correctly and yet stripping the 1 did not allow calls to be processed. Guess it could have been programming issue in the CO that it would only process the local area codes without the other signaling. ???

Just curious - what area are you in?
Posted By: phoneguy1962 Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/13/07 01:07 PM
Dane the issue seemed to be with a feature on NI-2 called AIN PLMC. As per our switchman, this feature is used for NI-2 features. It rides on the D chanel. 10 digits aren't affected but when doing 1+ or anything over 11 digits, ie 011 ect. the DMS-100 is looking for a preemble to activate enhanced features. Not sure exactly what this means, lol. I'm just a carrier tech who worked on PBXs for 26 years so I got draffted to help translate between our Switchman and the Mitel vendor. We are located a little north of Allentown PA
Posted By: Dane Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/13/07 05:15 PM
Well that being said, it seems weird that the PBX would route 10 digit local but not 10 digit LD. Still you have it working and that is the most important thing, but I am still curious. Anyway thanks for the response.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: LD dialing issue on LW 19 PRI - 09/20/07 12:45 PM
I heard a tech support guy once say that some of the switches are "a bit slutty" -- they'll work with a wrong protocol, but not well. That's probably what happened here.

I've also heard of problems with NEC switches trying to get NI-2 protocol from a DMS CO (Usually request a different CO when that happens).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help