atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: becca1jane 200 ICP Remote Access - 10/01/07 01:48 PM
Can remote access to a 200ICP be done safely via ProComm or Hyper Terminal as it is on a 200ML/EL?
I have always been told not to make changes on a 3300 with ProComm as you would on a 2K even though the forms are there - it's ok to look at maintenance, but programming changes should ONLY be made through a browser.
Does this also apply to a 200ICP?
Posted By: Dane Re: 200 ICP Remote Access - 10/01/07 03:47 PM
@00 ICP is fine - just that getting a modem to work consistently is sometimes difficult. But programming is fine.
Posted By: becca1jane Re: 200 ICP Remote Access - 10/01/07 03:52 PM
Suprisingly enough, the modem works fine on this system (I think I lucked out!) - I just wanted to make sure it was safe to make changes before I got into CDE. Thanks for your quick response.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: 200 ICP Remote Access - 10/01/07 04:17 PM
So, E-mail me the make & model of the modem at your convenience, please. Thanks, John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: becca1jane Re: 200 ICP Remote Access - 10/02/07 12:18 PM
You got it - I'll be back on-site this week or next and will let you know what's out there.
Posted By: Dane Re: 200 ICP Remote Access - 10/02/07 01:16 PM
It would also be beneficial to not only know what brand and type of modem it is, but what the dip switch settings (if any) are and if you could connect to the modem and type in AT&V or ATI4 (depending on the modem) to find out what the programming in the modem is (copy it to a text file). All of those things are pretty necessary to get the correct set up.
Posted By: becca1jane Re: 200 ICP Remote Access - 10/02/07 03:59 PM
Sounds like a lot of issues people have with modems are on exts - this one happens to be on a POTS line (didn't want to get anyones hopes up) - I'll post make/model/settings when I get them.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: 200 ICP Remote Access - 10/03/07 03:50 AM
Mitel created a document for setting up US Robotics modems.
Send me an email and I can reply with the info.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help