atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: harrisontech Called voicemail doesn't recognize DTMF - 01/28/08 01:47 PM
Mitel 3300.

I have a customer that has problems when calling 800 numbers that are using single digit menus.
When they are prompted to press a single digit the called parties voicemail does not recognize the digits. Is there a setting that can be changed to fix this?

Thanks
Are they trying this from the console?
If so, you have to press "Tones On" prior to making the DTMF selections.
Thanks for the reply. This is happening on all of the phones.
In the trunks circuit descriptor:

"Drop Digit Rcvr for Outgoing Audio Before Ans Sup"

This option allows DTMF digits to be sent from a telephone to the CO without having to wait for or fake answer supervision. It also allows the system to provide exact call detail through SMDR by using the answer supervision signals provided by the CO.
You would enable this option for credit or calling card calls, calls that require pin numbers, and equal access calls. For example, if the CO recognizes a calling card call, it will send either a tone or recorded message. Once the user enters a valid card number, the call proceeds and answer supervision is returned when the called party answers.
I just tried that. I Thought it would be the fix but it is doing the same thing.
Posted By: Dane Re: Called voicemail doesn't recognize DTMF - 01/29/08 02:18 PM
What kind of trunks are these? PRI? Standard T1? IP?
Standard T1
Posted By: Dane Re: Called voicemail doesn't recognize DTMF - 01/30/08 08:03 AM
Can you here the tone generated when you press the button on the phone?
Yes you can here the tone generated on the phone.
Posted By: jimmyv Re: Called voicemail doesn't recognize DTMF - 01/30/08 11:04 AM
Is it only on 800 numbers?
Only that I know of.
Posted By: Dane Re: Called voicemail doesn't recognize DTMF - 01/30/08 12:05 PM
Well if you can hear tone generated on the trunk then it should be working. I know - duh - obvious) but you should try a regular LD (if LD are going out over the same T1)to a VM or Auto Attendant somewhere (and if you need a number I can give you one) to see if it works. If it doesn't work on a regular long distance call you should then check the trunk circuit descriptor to see if there is anything in there that might be causing a problem. last resort when you are on site call a tech from the provider and see if they can hear the tone in the test center. Some providers have problems when they are routing toll free calls.
I will try the LD call and see what I find.
Thanks for everyones help with this issue.
Dane, can you give me one of the LD numbers to try?
Thanks
Posted By: Dane Re: Called voicemail doesn't recognize DTMF - 01/31/08 08:02 AM
PM sent
Hey, I think I remember someone having a problem like this, that turned out to be a problem in the Trunk Descriptor Options. One of them specifies DTMF, and may not be turned on by default.
Posted By: Dane Re: Called voicemail doesn't recognize DTMF - 02/07/08 05:45 AM
Don't think the trunk descriptor should make any difference because once the call is routed out and the receiver drops off the specific telephone set is generating the tones and you would probably have to be living in Bolivia somewhere to get a line that wouldn't transmit touch tone.
Wait, sorry, in that particular issue, nothing was getting outpulsed. Never mind.
Harrisontech hasn't checked in for 10 days. Wonder what the latest is. And I wonder if he chased down the number(s) that were a problem and discovered it was 1 destination, possibly with more than 1 '800' number. Even if it's intermittent, if it's only 1 destination, they can have 1 bad DTMF decoder. Been there, and didn't think about it until the newbie started asking, WHAT ARE THE 800 NUMBERS?! DUH, did I feel stupid. Always remember, the customer will always tell you what they perceive to be wrong, but probably not what they perceive to be right! John C. (Not Garand)
I apologize that I'm just now responding. Their are several 800 numbers that they are calling that don't recognize the DTMF. I've had the phone company working to see if the problem is on their end. Since then the hard drive has crashed on this system and has just been replaced. Maybe hard drive problems was causing this issue. I'm going to see if the problem still exist. I will check back in and let you guys know what I've found.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help