atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jozev sx50 meltdown - 03/19/08 06:42 AM
ok I don't know if it caused it, but we had some weather issues, didn't lose power, but the system is basically dead. The display keeps cycling between no communication, console reset, & flashing the date. It worked briefly, I could recieve calls, and dial extensions, but every few minutes the time would reset itself. Now the console does not respond to anything, and all the extensions have broken dial tones and cannot dial anything.

Am I boned?

I know it's old, but as I sit here without the ability to recieve calls I gotta focus on what it would take to get this running. (for now at least.)
Posted By: Dane Re: sx50 meltdown - 03/19/08 07:28 AM
Hell that could be anything from a bad MCC, to a bad Power supply, to a failing battery on the software module. I think you are hosed and the problem is you are going to need a stockpile of parts to figure it out - unless someone here has run into the exact problem an can give you some better direction.

Good luck.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: sx50 meltdown - 03/19/08 09:09 AM
The best thing you can do, without having any spares, is to re-initialze the software.
If that works, you'll at least be able to receive calls!
Posted By: jozev Re: sx50 meltdown - 03/19/08 09:37 AM
is that something I can do, or is that a tech thing?
Posted By: jozev Re: sx50 meltdown - 03/19/08 10:41 AM
Oh, the display also says 17-U 0 if that tells anyone anything.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: sx50 meltdown - 03/19/08 12:04 PM
Really, you'd be better served by contacting one of the techs listed in installers up above. Either that or someone in your neck of the woods will see your post and PM you. John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: TDS Re: sx50 meltdown - 03/19/08 05:43 PM
I would power down system back all the cards out
about 2" then restart if it contiunes to do the reset bad main control Or power supply If its ok
power off then insert each card and power on
one bad card can cause the system to go nuts.
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: sx50 meltdown - 03/19/08 07:36 PM
Posted By: jozev Re: sx50 meltdown - 03/20/08 06:37 AM
ok, 1 last question and I'll stop. I called out the tech, apparently he needs info to get the voicemail active again. It's old, but the only info I can find on the machine is resound release 5 version 2.3 I have searched online for years looking for that info, but I have never been able to find it. I don't know exatcly what it does aside from voicemail. I figured y'all might know, but I wont press my luck.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help