atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rfnetwork sx200 remote login - 05/20/08 08:17 AM
Hey All, Thanks in advance on this one.

I have a sx 200 LW 19 that I am trying to log in to remotely.

Switch has a usr 33600 sportster set to 9600 - 8-N-1

Desktop calling from has an internal PCI Fax/modem v.92 to 9600-8-N-1, hyperterm with vt100 emulation set

I can connect to the switchs modem, (so it seems) but when I tap for login, it doesn't bring up the screen)

The modem on the switch is configured correctly, as the dealer is able to login.

Question I am posing is, Are some modems not suitable for logging into the switch (ie. the PCI fax modem)?

Thanks,
John
Posted By: Dane Re: sx200 remote login - 05/20/08 11:23 AM
Shouldn't be too difficult - just make sure that your s register (on my modem it is s37) is set to the value that will force your modem to connect at 9600. Otherwise even though the remote modem is hard coded to 9600 your modem may negotiate a higher speed. Also I would suggest that you change your &Q setting to 6 to attempt an error correcting negotiated connection.

That being said if your modem is a Winmodem you are probably out of luck because it may not negotiate at a set speed. If it is important to you and especially if you are dialing into more than just this one system it might be worthwhile to find an external modem with more features.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: sx200 remote login - 05/20/08 01:51 PM
My experiences, exasperations, confirm what Dane says, altho I have better success with NO compression or error correction. John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: johnp Re: sx200 remote login - 05/20/08 06:42 PM
Got to agree with the other guys. You may have to find the inialization string needed to force 9600 connection. I think with my winmodem it is a +MS= command. Since I use Procomm Plus and XP I created an aspect script that allowed me to select the locked speed. It basically hacked the registry settings for the forced settings, not pretty but effective. I also like to program my remote modems to buffer to the switch, that way I can connect at a slower rate if need be and still get proper screen draws.
Posted By: rfnetwork Re: sx200 remote login - 05/21/08 06:19 AM
Thanks for all the info, I think I'll go the route Dane suggested, with finding an external modem.

Thanks,
John
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help