atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: -Ez-Logistics- 200 ICP IP Phone Audio Issues - 08/12/08 01:46 PM
Hello fellow "phone guys".

Strange problem here, if a call is transferred to this IP phone he cannot hear the calling party, however if he makes the phone call he can hear just fine. There are 5 5212 Ip phones in this property and his is the only one with this problem. Switch phones does not correct this....any of you run into this before? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: 200 ICP IP Phone Audio Issues - 08/12/08 02:32 PM
Static or dhcp??
Posted By: Dane Re: 200 ICP IP Phone Audio Issues - 08/13/08 10:38 AM
I would take the phone completely out of programming and reinstall it. OR if it is DHCP I guess you could try refreshing the leases and see if it helps. Did you take that phone and swap it for one of the other extensions (or create a new extension and use the phone for that) ? If so what happened ??
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: 200 ICP IP Phone Audio Issues - 08/19/08 12:06 AM
In IP telephony, no voice path or one-way voicepath is often a problem with UDP packets.

Try connecting the phone directly at the phone system and see if the problem mysteriously goes away. Then move outward, one switch at a time, until you start having the problem again. Then beat up the network guy until he fixes that switch (or at least opens it up for UDP packets).

Enjoy.
Posted By: -Ez-Logistics- Re: 200 ICP IP Phone Audio Issues - 08/19/08 07:51 AM
You know, the odd thing about it......the network guy had us use his POE switch.....this is the first for me instead of using mitels POE's...i will ask him as we are on another install together. I appreciate everyones response
Posted By: -Ez-Logistics- Re: 200 ICP IP Phone Audio Issues - 09/01/08 03:38 PM
just an update, i moved all our equipment off his network and things are now working just fine. Thanks for your input!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help